Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Workingmans 8004?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chap, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    What does everyone think of the Workingmans 8004 head? On MusiciansFriend.com I can get the 8004 head, and the 8X10's Workingmans Tower for $1499. Seems like a good deal to me... What do you guys think?

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    That's a good deal...go for it!!!

3. SHIFTGREEN

SHIFTGREEN

Nov 11, 2002
    NC
    i can get that same setup at mars music store for $1000.00 brand new in the box.....go there, its cheaper, liquidation sale , actually there isnt a mars anymore, but anyway its still cheaper, unless you do not have a MArs nearby..

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I had a WM4004 for a few days and I liked the tone. Can't speak to the 8004. I have the WM1x15 and 2X10, and am pretty happy with their sound and portability.

Are you sure you want to carry around an 8X10? It's pretty heavy, and won't fit into a car. If you are interested in SWR, check their website.

Go to a music store with your bass and check out as many amps as you can. That would be my advice. For 1500, you have a lot of options.