1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Workout tips?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Waspinators, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    I'm one skinny SOB... I'm 5'8" 110 pounds. I can barely lift over 50 pounds without feeling like my arms are gonna fall off, and I think it's time to start getting some muscle. All I really have at my house are couple of dumbbells, but I'll probably be taking a weight training course at school next semester. Any tips on getting started in the meantime?

Note: I just want to be stonger, I don't really care about looking cut or anything (though I guess it'd be nice).

2. We are in the same boat, my friend.

But, from what I've been told, a lot of a little is better than a little of a lot. You basically lift 10-30 pounds with up to 10 reps, if i remember correctly.

if i'm wrong, correct me on this someone :smug:

3. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Eat more... a LOT more...

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    While viewing this thread, the banner between the posts and the quick reply says "How to gain muscle! Gain 15 lbs of Muscle in Just 30 Days!"

www.newmusclesecret.com

haha. does that help?

5. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    its sooo much more about nutrition than lifting weights. you can lift all the weights u want and ur not going to put on any muscle without PROTEIN. get protein in u before and after u work out. if u don't eat a lot, that means that nasty whey/soy protein powder stuff.

i'm 6' and 140 lbs, and i actually lost weight after getting a gym membership for a few months. because...not enough protein! u should also be shooting for 3000 cal a day. its hard for skinny guys to eat that much, but...just eat high calorie stuff.

6. Implosion

Implosion

Oct 19, 2007
    Finland
    I recommend reading this. The best guide out there.