1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Workshop clearout - end mills 75% off

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by UncleFluffy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    I'm having a clearout of the Flufflab to make space for new toys and seeing as there are a bunch of handy folks here on TB I thought I'd offer the goodies here first.

This week, I have some end mills for sale. All are US-made, NOS surplus I picked up a while back. Allegedly unused and they certainly look it, though I'm only going to guarantee "zero or minimal use". Like most NOS things, they've been sitting around long enough for the labels to get a bit battered-looking and pick up a little light surface contamination in places.

Three types:

DSCN1687.

7/32 cut, 3/8 shank, 2-flute, TiN coated HSS McMaster prices comparable mills at $10.82, so these will go for $2.70. 24 available.

DSCN1690.

7/32 cut, 3/8 shank, 2-flute, uncoated HSS. McMaster = $9.56, these = $2.39. 3 available.

DSCN1695.

11/32 cut, 3/8 shank, 4-flute centre-cutting, uncoated HSS. McMaster = $12.66, these = $3.17. 5 available.

Shipping will be a flat $5 (ConUS) no matter how many you order. Further afield, PM me for a quote.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Wow....these look cool just to have laying around on my desk. How many do I have to buy to get the cool looking blue case too?

Yes, I am serious. I plan on buying a few. No, I will not use them. :D

-Mike

3. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Heh. Each mill comes in a case to protect the cutting edges. It's only thin plastic

I've got some similar cases for other tooling. If there are any empties, you can have them for free if they'll fit in the box.

(No milling machine needed, btw. You can use these as router bits if you have a router with a 3/8" collet).

4. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Cool!!

I'll take three of each then. That comes out to $30 in my quick math. Sound right to you? PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you some money. If my math is wrong, let me know how much I owe you.

I don't think I have a router for these, but guess what??? Now I can go buy a router to use my new bits in. New tool day FTW! WahooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step off punks. I got a two flute Titanium Nitride coated destruction machine now. It even has a shank!!! :D :D

-Mike

5. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    PayPal sent.

-Mike

6. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I ordered, I paid.
    Uncle Fluffy shipped exactly when he said he would, the mills arrived today.
    I still don't know what to do with them, but they look tight.

UncleFluffy is a class act folks. Don't let the low number of feedback points fool you. This guy is honest, and easy to deal with.

-Mike

7. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Thankyou Mike, that's very much appreciated.

Quantities updated in case anyone finds this and is interested, though I have no plans to clutter up the front page with daily bumps. These don't have a sell-by date.

8. If I buy a group of them will they come with a free Bridgeport or Trak? :D

Great prices on some decent cutters.

9. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    I wish :)

Best I can do you is a Taig Lathe that will be looking for a new home some time after Xmas. Nice little lathe, but I need something that can cut screws and have stepper motors bolted on.

10. Ah yes, Niagara Cutter are good people. My company reps/buys from them all the time. We have them build many custom EM's for Moog all the time.

Good stuff and one of teh best tool makers around. And these prices are insane!

11. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Just a quick one-off bump - I'm going through and clearing out ready for a house move, and I've still got way more of these than I need...

12. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Getting closer to the point where I have to shove these in a box and take them to the new place ... one last bump. Help me turn stuff I don't need into gas for the truck to move the stuff I do need...