Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Workshop GEMS

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Kimo, May 26, 2002.

1. Kimo

Kimo

May 26, 2002
    Workshop Gems
    Greetings

I am looking at a bass on ebay called a "3/4 Workshop GEMS." It sounds like a reasonably good instrument (given the wide range of quality stringed instruments), but I was wondering if any of you are familiar with this type of bass or the seller "ViolinsLover." I have been playing electric bass for many years and now I am seriously thinking about making the move to DB. I don't want to sink a lot of money at this time, but I do want a bass that will be playable and give me a chance to see if this is something I want to spend the considerable time it will take to learn. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    The bass is a Gliga (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=874881692).

I don't recall exactly what I knew about them, but I think it went something like this, from Mike Shank:

There are a few different quality levels of Gligas and the better ones aren't too bad. You might peruse the newbie links for your research.

3. Kimo

Kimo

May 26, 2002
    Thanks for your response. I will check the newbie threads. I also checked the Gliga website and you're right, there is considerable difference in the various models they make.