1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

workshoplive

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by shatterd, Mar 12, 2008.

1. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    hey David....

I'm a new beginning bassist, former guitarist(almost 2 years). Anyway, I just completed Alfredo Grado's beginner course over at workshoplive.com and have now started digging in to your rock course. I live in an obscure little town and good bass teachers are hard to find around here. I just want to say that workshoplive.com has been a godsend for me. I looked at a lot of online content for bass and workshoplive has been the best thing I have found. Everything about it is of the highest quality. I hope they continue to grow their portfolio of bass lessons. I don't ever want to run out of material over there.

Thank you!

2. Great to hear your enjoying WorkshopLive. I am not sure if they have yet to post all 60 lessons that I filmed for them but if not, I think they have most of them up thus far. The genre of lessons I filmed for them are Rock and a little bit of Funk. I hope to film more funk and fusion lessons for them in the future. What obscure town do you live in. Maybe you can check out one of the bass seminars I am teaching at the National Guitar Workshop this summer. During the week of June 28-July 3 I'll be at the NGW Virginia Campus, the week of July 12-17 I'll be at the NGW Chicago campus and during the weeks of Aug 3-8 and August 10-15 I'll be teaching at the Connecticut campus. Hope you can make it.

Dave

3. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I live in a small town in Southeastern, NC. The closest mid sized city is Myrtle Beach, SC(about 40 miles south). I'll check out that schedule of yours and see if I can pull off one of those seminars. Thank you, and I look forward to the fusion/funk material on workshoplive. But until then, I'll be busy with the rock course.