Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AllodoX, Feb 10, 2004.

1. So.. how many of you are going for WoW ? I'm going for it 100 % :D

I'm trying to set up a community for the priest-class and registered the site www.wowpriests.com for it. But setting up an online-community from scratch isn't easy :) Setting up a website is one thing, but getting people to visit it is another :meh: So uhm.. to complete this shameless self-promotion.. drop by on www.wowpriests.com and help me get this sucker off the ground will ya ! :p

2. I signed up for closed beta testing. I'll defintily buy t though. I'm going dwarf paladin baby ^^

3. yeah ! you rule dude :D

Don't underestimate the powerrrr of the dorf ! :smug:

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I signed up for the beta, I figure the only edge I have in that is that I'm a mac user, I'd wager they want more mac-users as they are a minority and blizzard is always great about developing for us, but that doesn't meant there isn't 500o+ more mac applicants out there.

ah well, I don't really expect to get in, I would like to though because I really want to play the game but I can't really justify a monthly charge for an addicting game in the middle of the school year.

I'm sure that WoW could dethrone SOE as the reigning monopoly on MMOGs, Blizzard always makes QUALITY games, and SOE just churns them out often with a lot of bugs and crap.

but yeah, WoW should be pretty good.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Waiting for it to come out.. dum deh dum.. come on already!

..you puny little dwarves will be crushed in the hooves of the mighty tauren! :spit:

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I still play Warcraft II on my computer. Tides of Darkness is a great game.

I got swallowed up in the Tom Clancy franchise, and lost interest in Warcraft. From what I have seen on G4, the new game looks amazing.

-Mike

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Warcraft II Battle Net Edition?

8. haha ye would wish tha 'eh laddy ? :p
    ye'd need to moo-ve a little faster if ye want to catch us :D

9. Smash'em to the flaming pits of hell with my hammer !!!

10. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    When is it going to be released?

11. No date yet. It just finished alpha testing and closed beta testing starts soon. You can expect it out by Summer the earliest and Dec latest. The wait is worth it for Blizzard's quality games.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's what ye say now, eh! We'll see what ye say a mighty tauren totem shoved down ye throats, ye hairy gnomes! :p

13. The dwarf is with you, young Tsal.. but you're not an underfoot yet ! :p

14. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time to look at Blizz'es site, but is this game going to be a MMORPG?

If so, I am in!

... and I like dwarfs. They are sexy.

15. wakizashi

wakizashi

Dec 5, 2003
    Lafayette,LA
    um, Hate Eater?

You must have some freaky fantasies then. :p

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nah I'll skip it : £15 a month is far too expensive for me, especiialy when placed on top of the $15 internet connection (or £30 if I ever get broad band)..

I think I'll just play warcraft 3 until starcraft 2 comes out (I can/will wait as long as it takes!) :)

..I just hope that they don't introduce fees for battle.net (the game server that wc3/starcraft/wc2 have all been run on, allowing users to play each other online as well as keeping high detail records etc).

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Look at his name again buddy.

i'll give you a hint, the first word is not hate

18. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

Yeah, nice try Wakka.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    we be lookin out for ya brudda

20. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I dont like Warcraft III. The graphics and the story remind me of a fairy tale, and the 3D-ness of it is overdone :spit:

But I love other Blizz games: Starcraft is my favourite, and Diablo II - well see my sig ;)

I hope Starcraft II will not look like what it did at the end of WC3, while the credits were going on and that funny part - there were about two or htree pics of a Marine, a Hydralisk and maybe something else, at least the "unit portraits" of them, but done in the WC3 engine :spit:

they better get SC2 a more real-looking graphics engine, unlike WC3, or i wont buy any of their products anymore! :mad:

I already have my faves, so this wont be hard... ;)