1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

World Series in DFW baby!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fishtx, Oct 22, 2010.

1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Amazing job by the Texas Rangers this season!...

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Congrats to the Rangers! This is a funny year, the Rangers won the penant, and the Cowboys are on schedule to miss the playoffs.:confused:

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Way to go Rangers!
    A Rangers/Giants series would totally rock - be some great baseball.
    Pity only 2 dozen or so of us would watch it. Media networks are bummed that NY is out, NY/Phil is good for ratings.

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    true...the networks probably hate it...but The Rangers deserve to be where they are...and I am totally stoked!!...

5. i am always glad to hear about the yankees losing.:)

6. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    What a great story! Not a fan, though I lived in DFW for 10 years.

I can't help but feel happy for the Rangers and their fans, and all my friends in Texas who stuck by their team through thick and thin.

Michael Young. Class act. Josh Hamilton - man, what a turnaround for this guy.

And striking out A-Rod to get to the WS? Couldn't have scripted it better.

Congrats Rangers.

7. Congrats to the Rangers - while I'll always be a fan of Houston sports through and through - once they're out of it, I'll cheer for a DFW team if they make it to the post season. It's a Texas thing.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Yankees losing=Heart is warmed:D

9. What team is a New Englander's favorite baseball team? The Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees!

Go Rangers! :D

10. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    The kids stayed up late and watched the game with me :D Go Rangers!

11. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Me, too! The Rangers are a really fun team to watch, ultra-agressive on the basepaths and the potential to leave the yard anywhere in the lineup.

My son's Pony all-star manager coached Michael Young back in the 90's, so there's my six degrees of separation reason to root for the Rangers!

12. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    i'm only loosely interested in baseball but congrats to the rangers. toss the tv networks, let texas get some love. :bassist:

13. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes!

14. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Nolan gets to go back now;). Last I was in Arlington (living) was a year or two into the new stadium and the color change to Red.

Go get 'em Rangers!

;)

God Bless, Ray

15. So how about them Rangers?

16. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    We witnessed a bullpen implosion of epic proportions tonight, but that's not what won the game for Los Gigantes, though it was interesting to watch.
    Cain pitched like the stud he is. ERA of 0 for the post season. Nada, zip, bupkus. He has given up no earned runs. Giants played good D.
    But there's still a lot of baseball left, much of it in Texas, and the Rangers have proven themselves to be a very resilient team.
    I still think it goes 6 games. Because nothing is ever easy or simple for the Giants.

17. Cain definitely put on a stellar performance. I like this SF Giants team...very scrappy team. They won their Philly series by playing small ball, and now they're straight up outgunning the Rangers. Honestly I don't care who wins the series (despite my earlier post) as long as I see some good baseball - and this series has not disappointed thus far.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I just heard the Giants scored again......10-0 now.

:D

-Mike

19. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    21 year old Baumgartner tosses 8 shutout innings. Kid couldn't even buy a drink until this summer, after the season started. What a stud.

It got to me me - throughout the NLCS, people didn't say "wow, the Giants pitched great", they said "gee, the Phillies aren't hitting well". Well, at this point the Giants have done well keeping down the best offense in the AL as well as the NL.

And people are starting to say it.

20. Yep, that pitching staff is the real deal. It was the Rangers bad luck to run into friggin' Sandy Koufax throwing 4th in the rotation!!!

Cliffy / Timmy tonight. Go get 'em Mr. Lee. Let's all go back to SF. We all deserve 7 games. After the WS all that's let is the Cowboys...... and I just can't handle that yet.