1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worldofbow.com Carbon Fiber bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by emilio g, Mar 17, 2009.

1. emilio g

emilio g

Jul 16, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    I've got a nice dorfler pernambuco bow thats in the low 1K range. But I may a few outdoor plywood bass kind of gigs this summer that I don't really want to bring the nice stuff out for.

So I've heard good things about carbon fiber bows and Bill Merchant recommended that I check out Worldofbow.com. They've got a carbon fiber german grip bow there for about $100.

Anyone tried it?

2. ronniequeue

ronniequeue

Oct 22, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I just got my carbon fiber 3/4 french today. Shipping was super fast. Getting back into URB 1 1/2 years after college, we'll see what happens.

3. I just bought a used carbon fibre (this being the UK) German bow on eBay for £40 - it's a 4/4 bow, which is what I've been after. One careful owner - comes with Pirastro rosin, and he's sending it in a length of drainpipe... This will be my first German bow - I've spent the last few weeks playing with a French bow and German grip (due to mutant right hand). Meanwhile, I've injured my left wrist, so the next few weeks are reserved for open-string arco practice :( :).