1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

World's First Double Back Flip

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

First 7 seconds.

3. I remember seeing that live (on tv, not in person). I was pretty floored.

That said, moto x trick contests have been an absolute snooze the past few years, sans the double backflip and the body varial. Unlike skateboarding and bmx, there is little room for innovation in moto x tricks.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That isAWESOME!!!

5. Wasn't there about two or three threads on this when it happened? :meh:

6. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    gitter dunn

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Pretty cool. It's amazing how a simple concept like spinning around in the air twice can take years to master, and only by a select few (or one).

8. Pffffffffff.....I can do 3.

:cool:

:bag:

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It seems like most sports that don't directly have two teams or people competing against each other (i.e. basketball, boxing, etc) are approaching an asymptotical degree of proficiency. What are the latest 100m dash times? They are all very close. It's not like the top runners are off by a few seconds. It's fractions. I think other sports will eventually get to that point and we'll be relying on human anomalies to further the records.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I remember watching that live on TV too. Are you just now getting around to hearing about this?

-Mike

11. Yep, I saw that one live too. On my feet...clenching my teeth...then jumping up and down...and all that good stuff. This is way old news :p

That said, I've been pretty dissapointed with the X-games these last few years. At least their TV coverage of it. They basically only show the most 'popular' events and cut the rest entirely. What happened to inline skating (altogether) and flatland BMX. They used to do rock climbing, and skyboarding too. And maybe I just missed it but I don't think I saw much (if any) full streetpark runs on BMX, just the little highlight clips.

:confused:

12. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1
    Honestly, even as I'm watching it I was only moderately impressed because it just looks like a "simple" double flip.

Then I have to remind myself how much time and practice went into accomplishing something so "simple"

Man, that's really impressive the more I think about it.

13. i do wonder how you practice something like that, its kind of something you have to get right pretty quickly i would think

14. They practice jumping into giant foam pits.