World's most embarassing question! Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greensyn, Sep 15, 2002.

1. greensyn

Sep 15, 2002
    Hi, I'm brand new to this board. I really need a question to be answered, and I feel stupid asking it. I have a Peavey Cirrus bass which I love, can someone PLEASE tell me the exact function of the controls. I know the one farthest to the left (imagine you're using the bass) is volume. Everything past that I don't know the exact function and don't have enough experience with active circuit basses (this is my first) to figure it out.

THANKS )
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine has the Millenium preamp, but I believe the standard one is the same.

The two upper knobs are volume and pickup blend.

The three lower knobs are bass, mid, treble boost/cut.

In order from the neck end to the bridge.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey greensyn, welcome to talkbass :)
  4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Welcome to TalkBass, greensyn! I'm sure some Cirrus owner will jump on this as soon as he or she can, but in the meantime, I'd say your five knobs would be: Master volume, treble boost/cut, mid boost/cut, low boost/cut and a pickup blend.

How'd I do?

EDIT: Embellisher got to it while I was checking my spelling! Aaaaaaargh! ;)
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hey Jeff!

I think now youre gonna have to change your status from "Unhelpful Jerk" to "Mother Theresa".

6. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey embellisher thats pretty helpful for an "unhelpful jerk" ;)
  7. LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    I'm still unsure about my Ibanez GSR-200's knobs. Don't feel so bad.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im almost positive the Ibanez is from neck to bridge, Volume for neck pickup, Volume, volume for bridge pickup, Master tone.

If not, then the second volume control is actually a blend knob, but I doubt it. (Its been a while since i played my friends GSR)

9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    thats not embarrising.. I am a minimalist myself.. i am always getting confused on basses with tones of buttons and knobs... thats why I just set everything flat.. until i figure it out..
  10. Well, no one in this thread should go near one of JT's basses. We were looking one over in particular and it had something like 7 knobs with 8 3-way switches below :eek:

We swear that one is his garage door opener!
  11. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
  12. greensyn

Sep 15, 2002
    Thanks, that sounds about right. Kind of annoying that Peavey has EVERY manual in PDF form on their website cept their flagship model. Thanks again.