Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

World's Worst Band(s)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MetallicadetH, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Hey guys and gals!! I'd just like to get your opinion on what the worst band in the world is...In my opinion, I think the title goes to Slipknot. Aside from being a Dropped D (etc.) band (a hideous crime in my opinion), they preach nothing but hate towards themselves and others. They say they hate bands with an image...well who has more of an image than Slipknot? They are the exact definition of the word "poser".

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Better put on those fire proof suits-looks like things may be getting a little hot around here.
    Whats the worst band in the world? Thats a matter of personal opinion. You can't please everybody.
    Peace.

3. well um, metallica and megadeth have done drop D tuning a few songs, but you knew that already, right?

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    actually, i can tell you EXACTLY what is the worst band in the world:

"The Know-it-all boyfriends"

it's basically the guys from garbage/smart studio (heavy guys around here in madison)

and they go onstage and play songs they don't know.

i'm serious. it sucks SO bad, and the worst part is that they've developed a "scene," just because of who they are.

:mad:

jason

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

MetallicadetH, these kinds of threads are rarely productive. One man's trash is another man's treasure, yadda yadda yadda.

Just warning you that I'm keeping an eye on this thread, and if it gets out of hand, I will not hesitate to shut it down.

6. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    This was kinda the obvious answer, but it was exactly what I was gonna type! Insanity!

7. I'm not sure I'm even alowed to say this....there's a band called ummm, An*l C*nt (sorry, but there's not many other ways to say that) and they're THE worst band I've heard. They're 20,000th in the Amazon sales rank. Listen to the sample of "Unbelievable" on their album "It just gets worse"....

8. hey, tool is a "dropped-d band".

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The Shaggs. They're so bad they're good!

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The singer to our band seems to think that honor belongs to us. :eek:

11. jhallisy

jhallisy

Dec 24, 2000
    the worst band ever is limp bizkit, i cant stand them, but the best band ever is spork

12. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Hey, i like the new format. First time ive used it. Anyway, i think that third eye blind is a terible band. I think their music sucks, and their live show. But, of course, it is just a matter of opinion.

13. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I don't mean to be faceatous, but surely the world's worst band wouldn't have a hope of getting a record deal?

14. Sorry if I offended you guys!!!! I don't want this to get out of hand, I want to see everyone's opinions!!!
    By the way... I'm not totally sure about Megadeth, but Metallica has used dropped d tuning twice in their 20 year careers-The Thing That Should Not Be and Minus Human-Slipknot, however, uses a form of it on every song on their new album!! I just don't see a good reason for using it, unless you're gonna base your whole song around the 2 extra notes it gives you. I welcome any reply that gives a good reason for using it ('Makes Power Chords Easier' is not a good reason!)
    ps..I apologize for seeming like a jerk, but that's just my opinion on a band, and I'm looking forward to everyone else's!!! Thanks for your time, everybody!!

15. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I hope you don't think that I took offense or was implying that you're a jerk - I was merely being a pedant - someone would have eventually! :)

As for the world's worst band, I don't know - there are plenty of bands and musicians whose music I don't like, but I wouldn't call them the worst band on the planet. However, it does sound like my band's singer has been moonlighting with Jazzbo's group... :eek:;)

16. korns#1chick

korns#1chick

Aug 8, 2001
    moosonee
    the worst band ever has to be.... macy gray, i know i know, thats not a band but even if she did have a band she would still suck! i really hate the way that she sings like she is drunk and has something stuck in her throat

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This topic has been discussed at great length in here, and I recall that we came to the unanimous conclusion that it is, of course, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

18. This coming from a person who's handle has the word deth (i'm assuming this stands for death) in it.

The usefulness of a song in drop d, (but slipknot doesnt use drop d, the go all the way down to b :D ) Is a couple of things, acess to two tones below the standard e, you may not find this useful, but you ever try to play a song in Eb, and only have a 4 string bass (6 string guitar) tuned E-A-D-G-B-e. Its kinda a pain not having acess to this lower note, and the lowest pitched Eb you have acess to is 6th fret A string (or 11th on the e string or 1st fret of the d string, its all the same pitch)

theres a reason thats not just to play fast powerchords

19. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ok, i'm changing my vote.

if there's ever an open mic at a nearby college campus, and you want to check out a sh!tty band, go there.

i mean, most of the stuff at UW's open mic is good, but there was a BIG stinker there tonight. holy freakin crap. :confused: :mad:

but yes - the worlds worst band would appeal to no one, no hope of getting signed. (at least, you would think so)

jason

20. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    My vote goes to anything Rap,Hip hop,or with a "DJ" in it!