1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worship band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by SpectorBass308, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hey, I am going to be in a worship band starting around Aug 10th. The lead singer/guitarist is working at a camp as a counciler until then, but as soon as he gets back we are going to get to work. He has alot of original songs that he wrote and we are also going to do a few good covers. We plan on going into a studio to get the originals recorded and send tapes of to various churches. I wanted to know from those of you who have been in worship bands what kind of 'gigs' you played. I know we are going to play at lots of churches but have any of your worship bands done any other types of shows or activity outside of church? Stuff like that..

thanks

2. I was a sound guy/roadie for a Christian rock band in the mid 90's and we played a lot of Churches. We also played some universities, a couple youth camps, a few detention centers, a jail, a wine and cheese festival, a local TV station, and the Ohio State fair.

One of the wives was a master of the "cold call' and she would just call people to see if they wanted to have us come play.

3. Nighthawk551

Nighthawk551

Jan 3, 2007
    Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound
    We've done retreats and the like before. Church is mostly where it's at, though :p .

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm involved in at last count 5 or 6 differnet musical group within my church, including our main praise band, choir, and bell choir (I play the bass bells)

mostly, it's worship leading at services and youth events, with the occasional retreat thrown in.

We don't do much outside.. yet, although the drummer and piano player and I from the main worship band have started a mostly goof-off jazz trio.

Actually, some of the best P&W bands out there right now ARE worship bands for their churches, including Delirious?, David Crowder Band, Reliant K, Chris Tomlin, and Matt Redman.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Retreats, conventions, special services, fairs/festivals...all open game!