Worship Bass Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cshanks5, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    (posted to LBA thread already)

To the point: I wasn’t sure at first, but I reallllly like these LBA 2020S’ssss.

I finally got to try them out live in four sets this weekend. We run direct to board, all IEMs, nothing on stage. 95% of the time, I’m not using any of the effects, just the Cali76 CB and the Noble always on. They’re great all by themselves, but I really like whatever special sauce, mojo, pixie-dust that the 2020S’ssss add. The highs are warm and thick while at the same time becoming more clear and nuanced. Every note on the B string tightened up with great hammer of a thump. I don’t recall who, but someone on here said the 2020S make everything feel polished and studio recording like. Agreed. No more mud at all. The tone through my IEMs is the best it’s ever been. I only wished that I had a wireless to hear FOH.

My wife commented “You were really loud but it sounded really good. If you make any mistakes now, everyone will know”... I guess the sound guys had me up louder than normal. That’s always the real proof right? D892E667-29DA-4023-B152-80AF0F89057C.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    I was literally just checking out the Lightening Boy site... looking at the TI Box.
    I can't believe it's handmade, on the USA, and at an extremely doable price..

I absolutely loved my Noble, but this sounds pretty dang good too

ExaltBass likes this.
  3. MTN.bass72

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Why 4 of them?

the baint likes this.
  4. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    Because this is America, and more is always better.

The truth is that I had been looking at them for a while, was torn on how many to get, and had read about others experiences with 1-4... then when I went to pull the trigger there were exactly 4 left. Fate. There may be a point of diminishing returns, but I don’t think I’m there yet.

MTN.bass72 and MascisMan like this.
  5. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    It is an amazing piece of kit. Makes my whole board sound better!

ExaltBass and The Diaper Geni like this.
  6. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I just purchased a NOS RCA Cleartop 12AU7 tube and NOS Mullard Tube to try in my Khan fir the nest 2 weeks. I want to see what these older tubes do in this already great piece of gear. Up first to try is the RCS tonight with the band.
    k2.jpg

7. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    Switched mine up a little. Still set up for double duty with guitar right now for however long I end up leading on guitar. I added the drop. It works very well. It is in front of my tuner in the signal chain and even convinces the tuner that it is dropped. Sounds really good on guitar really to 2 or 3 half steps down. Sounds in-tune still even lower like it is supposed to, but the songs just don't sound right to me being tuned any further down. It's like I know what I'm playing is supposed to sound like and it's not baritone. LOL Haven't had the chance to try it on bass yet, but most bassist reviews say great until about 3 half steps. Resized_20210527_205819.jpeg

_Obra_, just_chill, Low F# and 2 others like this.
  8. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    I bet that set up could make anyone sound great.

MTN.bass72, SteveC and Bassworship1 like this.
  9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, nice stuff helps for sure. You still have to know to play, but a $1K tube DI and a nice compressor can do a lot for your sound.

10. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    And there is the old argument that no one in the congregation will know the difference. But we as bassists do, and we play better because of it!

Low F#, Treblefree, ExaltBass and 3 others like this.
  11. dwagner

dwagner Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    Just depends how much you actually want to dive into synthesis. The Yamaha likely has a different UI and makes it easy to recall and tweak sounds. The Moog is just knobs and no screen. You have to know about subtractive synthesis and you do only have 2 oscillators + 1 sub oscillator.

SteveC likes this.
  12. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Right. You can save presets on the moog, but the Yamaha makes it so simple. It has great presets which is also why I went that direction. Just find a preset, move it to the performance screen and name it the song title. So easy.

I still sometimes want to go pedals. Just play bass. Get a filter and octave. I have a drive. The only thing there is you have 1 sound - unless you adjust during the gig or use a multi effect so you can save multiple sounds - so then why not just play synth. Analysis Paralysis.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    dwagner likes this.
  13. MTN.bass72

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Great! Straight out the gate with the arm twisting :roflmao:..
    Way to dissuade a brother;)
    Seriously though, I may have to give it a go

14. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    But it’s so reasonably priced, and doesn’t need power! Now I need to repurchase a couple 2020S’s!

Low F# and MTN.bass72 like this.
  15. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    Atlantic Ocean
    what kind of bass are you using?

16. dwagner

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    I think the Yamaha would suit you better for gigging. The Moog does the worship sub bass thing really well but it is a more simple subtractive synth.

kevk and SteveC like this.
  17. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    This weekend was my Xotic XP1T five string w/ TI Jazz Flats. Haven’t had a chance to run my Smith through in any settings larger than my office/practice room yet.

18. stvnleesmth

stvnleesmth

Dec 6, 2020
    How do you like the JAM LucyDreamer? Looking for a mediumish OD to stack with a Benson Preamp that is set to low gain for some really driving moments.

19. dwagner

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    I used a Tone Hammer with the AGS on in tandem with a Benson for a while. I really liked it.

FunWithBass likes this.
  20. Low F#

Low F#

Jul 29, 2015
    Michigan
    I like it a lot. It has a lot of range for an OD. Great for just a little hair and then it can get wild with the 2nd switch. It responds really well to changes in playing dynamics, and sounds full at all settings.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021