Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst bass ever made... EVER!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by subsonic, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everyone has chimed in on the endless debate "What's the best bass ever", and I say THAT'S ENOUGH! ;)

What is the WORST BASS EVER MADE... PICTURES? Hey, whatever it is, does it not deserve the recognition of the fine folks here at TALKBASS? :D

If you happen to be the owner of a world-class P.O.S. post a pic for all to admire :D

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Worst bass I ever played was my 64 Framus solidbody. Unfortunately I don't have a pic because it sat out in my garage and got trashed after years of neglect so I threw it out. Even more unfortunately is I've seen them go for $400 on Ebay, and I only paid $50 for it, thus my neglect cost me 800% of the price I paid for it.

3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I think the worst I ever played was a Storm.

4. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Let the Wishbass bashing commence.

5. Can I borrow that for my upcoming deployment?? If I'm going to take a bass I might as well take on that looks like it belongs in a war zone.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    This thread can go nowhere good.

Milk will be spilled.

Tears will fall.

7. An Antares P-Bass copy. Oh, sure, it looked spendy with that black semi-gloss on plywood paintjob, but what put it over the top was the 3 (legal tender) penny shim-style action adjustment under the e-string saddle.

The arrow-bow style neck relief was just the gravy on top.

Thank you 10 dollar garage sale sweetness.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    SADOWSKY!!! Especially those 25th anniversary and the Metro UV70's in sunburst! Also the Ultra vintage NYC's with matching headstocks are real dogs too. Their just parts basses, so everyone who has one should PM me. I'll be glad to help you get out of them before the value suddenly falls, just as a service to my fellow TB'ers! :D

9. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I'd have to say that my first bass was the worst. It was a 4-string Harmony that I bought off of a guy for $80. It was the greatest thing in the world for about 6 months, until I strolled into GC and played an Ibanez SR300DX(2nd bass).

10. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I don't know that I've ever owned a P.O.S...I "Wish" I could tell you that I had one to photograph, but if "Wishes" were horses and all... ;) I did participate in a group purchase here on TB, and I "Wish" you'd check out the thread on it...quite entertaining! :eek: :D

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    +1

12. AGCurry

AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    I didn't actually own it. But the worst I ever played was in 1968, a Teisco del Rey. Incredibly high action AND completely bad sound. Hmm. Now that I think about it, maybe a simple setup would have cured it...

13. +1. Beat me to it.

-ryan-

14. Worst ones I know to play (not SOUND but play)

any Rickenbacker with a horse shoe pickup
    and my mates Westbury something...its black and the action of it is just SHOCKING - I can't describe it...its got a P-bass pickup in the wrong place and the pickguard is the wierdest shape I've ever seen

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

We're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.