1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worst bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alexander_gbass, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's one for ya.. What was the worst bass or basses you have ever played ?..

Carvin and Warwick were the worst ones for me

2. I'm curious to see your replies :)

3. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    An Aria Pro II, that actually was my main bass for years. It had way too high action and didn't sound too good either.

4. I've heard that a lot about the aria pro ll.. Never played one. But I believe it

5. So many threads on this...

6. I tried a search.. I had a couple horror stories of my own but no results came up for me..

7. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Maybe he meant wurst bass. Might be good for hot dogging. Any links to that?

Shannon likes this.
  8. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    you asking us what we think the worst bass is out there so you can run out and buy it and tell us how fantastic it is to prove us wrong?

9. No reason to be rude at all for one.. And two. If you would have read above.. I had a couple horror stories with some basses .. Wanted to share my own

10. I understand where you're coming from man, and I get why you'd want to ask! In my experience, there's not really a lot of "bad" basses out there, just basses that don't "speak" to the individual.

I personally enjoy playing almost any bass you hand me, that simple. I don't generally go for the old school passive sound, so active basses are what I tend to prefer. That being said, I love a good P bass and don't really care for J basses. Out of the basses I've owned/played, a Fender '75 Jazz RI was the worst, and most people LOVE that bass. All depends on perspective and what you enjoy.

11. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    :D :D

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The worst bass I ever played was, hands down an Aria Pro II too. A blue ZZ model, truly horrendous.
    [​IMG]

Funny how old Aria Pro II basses have a good reputation, mostly due to the Matsumoku link. Back in the days we considered them as pieces of crap, typically what you bought if you didn't have money for anything else.

13. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I don't see how this thread will turn out good. No matter what cheap POS bass you name, some contrarian will tell you about the one he had and how it was better than a Fodera. Just like any bass player you name, no matter how bad they play, someone will talk about how the way he plays all roots and quarter notes "serves the song." :rollno:

Shannon likes this.
  14. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    [​IMG]

15. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Actually an Aria Pro II was my first 5er and main bass for years. It had sustain that was totally amazing! A masterclass in damping! But tone was bad. I tried Carvin pickups and then EMGs turning the bass active. A complete fret leveling and crowning didn't help how it played either. I gave up on it. It's one of the few basses I've gotten rid of. Traded it in on a new G&L Tribute L2500 and never looked back. (Shoulda kept the EMGS out of it though...)

16. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Any bass that was setup by someone other than me:bassist:

As long as you're calling out two highly respected brands as being the "worst" for you personally... what exactly was so horrible about them?

As an "endorsing artist" what are the best basses you have ever played?

17. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    fadenx. fadenx. fadenx. fadenx.

This thread is redundant.

Shannon likes this.
  18. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Amen.