Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst Case Scenario! *Bassist Edition*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slickhare, Jul 14, 2005.

1. slickhare

slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    one night after a slew of thumpage you lie quietly asleep in you bed. only to be awakened by.....the smell of smoke! YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!! quickly you grab important things trying to save them from the blaze but then you come to your basses. you only have room to carry only ONE bass along with your other possesions! AAAAAAAAH! What do you do? :eek: :eek: :(

2. I don't let that happen - I have a smoke detector!

But, if....

No way - both my basses are coming with me. I put mine in the cases, and throw them out the window.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd do what The artist formerly known as southpaw would do, but I'd probably work on getting my girlfriend/dog out first and foremost. I'd run into a fire for either of them.

4. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    here would be my priority list.........

1) Save dogs
    2) bass
    3) Laptop

5. 1) girlfriend
    2) myself

-material things can be replaced

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Well, as I don't actually live with my girlfriend, I don't have to worry about her. While yes, my first priority is myself, there are a number of ways for me to get out of the house during a fire, so I'd definitely grab my DB and CD wallet on the way out. My mom would have the dog in a split second, though.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I keep a fire extinguisher at each end of the house. My wife is the only one who is at risk for causing fires. She caught the stove on fire twice... :p

8. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    After my family and my dog,
    Laptop
    Bass

9. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    1.daughter
    2.picture albums and crap like that i keep in one place.
    3.basses
    4.dog
    5.wife lol kidding

10. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    I've been there. Family made it out, all basses stayed inside. At the time, my basses didn't even cross my mind.
    I was lucky, the basses were in cases and didn't get damaged.
    My advice: Don't plan to save anything in the event of a fire. You have no time. Don't die looking for your stuff. Plan a few escape routes instead.

11. Take the Fender, duh. The Squier is left in the hands of fate. But that's just me - I hope people like JT or Brad Johnson have multiple fire detectors handy!

But you can't say you'll be able to do so when the house is actually on fire. You wanna get yourself the hell out of there, first.

12. I'd drop my other posessions.

I have too much crap I should get rid of... a fire may help ease the sentimental bs

13. DrewBud

DrewBud

Jun 8, 2005
    Nashville
    I was in that same situation...grabbed by bass and head (I had a gig that night..the show's gotta go on) and then carried them through the house making sure everyone was awake and on the way aout the door.

No wife or kids to worry about...just the random drunk people asleep in random rooms...good thing we found everyone :)

14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

If I could only choose one bass, I'd choose my MIA deluxe just because its more valuable.

15. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    1) My family...........

They can help carry my basses and amp.

:D :D :D

16. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    My wife, the kids, my basses, not necessarily in that order. I'd leave the computer so I could by a Mac with the insurance settlement.

17. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    sounds like my instructions to my sweetheart and her kids:
    in case of tornado, kids and sweetheart go down the cellar first, then i pass my basses down, then i go down.
    :D

18. 76Tbird

76Tbird

Mar 18, 2003
    My nice gear stays at the practice space, but at home i have my 76 Tbird (not worth all that much due to customization and a broke headstock in '82) and my MIM Fender jazz, my first bass.

Thats a tough one. Id say the Fender cus it doesnt need new frets and a paintjob like the T does. Sorry ol' 76, time to take one for the team!

19. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    +1

:D

20. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    You could always go out and collect more Squires to keep the fire going. :bag: