1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worst chain restaurant?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jared Lash, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Well, I just got back from lunch with my dad and stepmom at a restaurant I've only been to twice before and swore I wasn't going back to. But they had coupons and while there's one where they live (Vegas) it's far from their house while the one out here is right by my place.

That restaurant? On the Border.

I'm already feeling sick. Is there a worse chain restaurant?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    All of them.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    That's pretty much how I feel, but On the Border has sets the bar lowest of all.

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    McDonald's. I hate their commercials.

5. I really, really don't like Burger King.

6. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Long John Silvers, E coli in a basket......

7. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Arby's has the foulest, least edible "food" IMO. Aside from that, The Cracker Barrel might be the worst if the multiple lawsuits against them alleging racist treatment of both workers and customers is any indication.

8. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I got food poisoning from Glory Days. Taco Bell is like eating from a guacomole flavored salt lick, I mean they use dehydrated ground beef for crying out loud.

McDonalds redeemed themselves a little offering apples with kids meals and decent salads, you have no excuse for eating crap anymore.

Burger King flame broiling goes through me quicker than prunes through a short granny, also salty as all get out.

The best chain restaurant to get something healty are like the Baja Fresh chains and places where you can "build your own" sandwich, taco, etc so you can control the level of nasty in your meal.

Go slow. I can buy a decent NY Strip for under 10 bucks, cook it on my grill and it will taste better than most anything you can buy. Same goes for chicken or what not with less salt and I serve what veggies I want and I don't have to worry about some high school kid forgetting to wash his hands and I get a stomach virus because they didn't wash after wiping.

Not to be foul, but do a google search for your local health dept or go and pick a list of local food violations. It's nasty.

This is my local health dept. as an example.

http://www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org/food_inspections.html

Most commercial food establishments due to the amount of people they serve can't be as clean a "normal" home kitchen.

9. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I LIKE On The Border :atoz:

10. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Olive Garden

11. not including all the fast food chains, I'm going to have to go with Applebees. HORRIBLE. If they hadn't already gone out of business I would have said Chi-Chi's... And I could relate some stories about Cracker Barrel - Let's just say the "Cracker" part is highly accurate.

12. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I lived on junk food in my youth, and I confess to having worked at a Burger King when I was 16-17 years old. In my youth I became kind of a junk food gourmet. There were certain chain food products I learned to savor in all of their greasy, over spiced glory, but for sheer over all burger blandness I have to nominate the Hardees' of the 70's and 80's. There used to be one in K.C. that was delightfully bad, from it's cold fries and burgers and uncaring staff and surly management, all the way to it's biohazard condition rest rooms. It truly provided a masochistic flair to eating fast food.

13. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Guess I'm in the minority but I LOVE McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Wendy's, KFC, and really any kind of place like that. I eat junk food all the time and somehow I don't gain weight (I'm about 110 pounds, 5'8"). I'm sure it's gonna catch up to me when I get older, but for now...

14. soadert

soadert

Sep 6, 2008
    Here's three, McDonalds, Whitecastle and Crystal's.

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

man, i love on the border - they're pretty good around here.

16. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    As horrible as McDonald's is, I'd have to say Carl's Jr. serves the most disgusting crap on the open road.

One of my good friends is the ex-CEO of McDonalds, retired a coupla years ago. I asked him "Ever eat there?... he just laughed and said "**** no!"

And I gotta agree with Fred..... Olive Garden should be banned for what they do to pasta. Sacrilege! Their TV ads literally make me ill.

17. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island

Baja Fresh is easily the BEST chain out there. Why Rhode Island? Why have you condemned me to this land lacking Baja Fresh?

18. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    While it may not be giving you pounds, I guarantee its lining your arteries with a nice little substance called cholesterol :(

19. I really don't like Denny's.

I think I'm going to get some McDonald's now.

20. I've never liked Arby's or Dennys.