Worst Cover Song Ever?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fufu, Dec 22, 2002.

1. fufu

Aug 18, 2002
    I was listening to a few songs and I realized that there are some pretty bad cover songs.. Your opinion on the worst cover song ever made? I'd have to say Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson..

(Sorry if this topic has been done before.)
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's weird... I was just thinking of posting up a best cover thread, but I didn't know if it had been done. Worst cover eh... MM's tainted love is pretty horrible... aha... Six Feet Under's cover of "Smoke on The Water". It's just a bit much.
  3. Im going to haveto say that Avril Lavigne's cover of Chop Suey is the worst I have ever heard.
  4. any punk remdition of any song ever just plain blows cuz punk just plain blows
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm in shock... does this really exist. If it does... I fully intend on killing her.
  6. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've heard Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" done by some band called the Groovenics. It's kind of a rap-rock feel. Lots of screaming, sounded pretty bad IMO.
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

This topic is a close match to an area called the recordings forum.

Off we go.

For the record I would love to hear Avril Lavigne's cover of Chop Suey . Im sure I would hate it.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Sheryl Crow's version of "Sweet Child of mine".
    Pearl Jam's version of "Last Kiss".
    Metallica's version of "Turn the Page".
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Metallica did Turn The Page?

HAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahaha! Urk...

Oh God, milk just came out of my nose!

And I haven't drank milk for months.

Now THAT'S funny.

Do any of you know the Gourds version of Snoop's Gin and Juice? Acoustic Country Hip Hop, the next big thing I'm sure.
  10. mynyka

May 29, 2002
    I have those "music" channels on cable and I once heard a cover of Enter Sandman by Motorhead........it was really wierd.......British sounding if you can imagine.
  11. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I...I feel...well, violated a little bit. I don't like SOAD, and that was something else entirely.

Why have we been foresaken?!
  13. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The Gourds' version of Gin & Juice rocked! :D
  14. iam punk rock, but my band is all session players. i work at bk(burger king)all they play is pop.and they play her cd all the time.have u ever seen a punk band useing warwicks, and prs guitars.

i just heard that crappy cover omg
  15. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    most obnoxious cover for me has got to be "Poppa Don't Preach" by that new rockstar Kelly....

worst covers - and I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVE Tori Amos - but Smells Like Teen Spirit made me wanna shoot myself, and any other cover she did on that short cover album of hers. I gave it away.
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    ANY song by Kelly Osbourne will suck. Sorry, but she's absolutely HORRIBLE!
  17. Im a big soundgarden fan, but i do remember a cover they did of "Come Together" that was absolutley terrible.
  18. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i fully agree with that. also, lenny cravitz american woman.
  19. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i liked tainted love....oh well.
  20. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I, too disliked Kravitz' cover of American Woman. There's this compilation called Red Star Sounds that offers jazz covers of hip hop tunes. Some are actually pretty good, but there are a few that are dreadful.