Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst eBay models EVER!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blackbird, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your a sick sick man.

The wedding dress of one reminds me. My friends mom needed a model for a flower dress she had. The pictures she stuck up were my friend prancing around the yard wearing this dress. :D

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That first one is awful. :spit:

:p :bassist:

4. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Fixed it for you.

In my defense, the links were forwarded to me by a very hot female co worker who's an actress and is planning on landing a husband in the next couple years..

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:D

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Thanks, I didn't know my grammar and spelling are terrible. I need a constant reminder. So everytime I made a mistake, if you could point it out for me, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

6. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    It is my pleasure. I don't know if I'd call your G & S "terrible", but they could use some improvement. Now that you know, you have an opportunity to work on it. Don't worry, I'll remind you as many times as needed until you are as capable of remembering on your own.

You've demonstrated reasonable competence operating a computer and navigating the internet, which means that proper writing should not be an unattainable goal if you set your mind to it.

No need to thank me. I realize you need to be explained things over and over. (As connoted by the screenname you chose for yourself)

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright, here's the deal. You've had a problem with me for a long time now. I don't know what I ever did to piss you off, but it must have been something big. For as long as I can remeber, you've said nothing but snide sarcastic remarks to me. And when you were moderator, you would close my "pointless" threads, just because you didn't like them. They weren't against the rules, they just didn't meet your high standards.

SOOOOoooOOo, here's the plan Stan. When I post something, you don't reply to it, when you post something, I don't reply to it. Sound fair? Good.

8. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California

Well, let me start by saying that we wouldn't have this situation if you followed your own plan. ;)

Since you're making this a public spectacle, I guess I should reply in public as well. Let me say it the best way I can:

YOU'VE NEVER PISSED ME OFF.

Frankly, I'm surprised you've been feeling that way. I know I make tongue in cheek remarks, but that's all they are. I have always had an open PM box (and have hammered that fact into the ground longer than you've been posting here) so opportunities to discuss matters with me have been plentiful. I cannot be blamed if you didn't take advantage of the opportunities. You didn't need to be coy, Roy.

Does that mean I can't make a mistake once in a while? No. Since I now know that you've been holding a grudge, I guess I should apologize. Sorry, I know I've not always been great, but I've had some good feedback over the years and hopefully I improved over time. You could have helped too, if you'd taken the time to contact me instead of bottling stuff up. Would have helped yourself too.

All mods close stupid threads. I might have closed more of those than most because I was moderating Miscellaneous. If wanting to provide TBers with a forum that's informative and entertaining (in other words, not stupid) means I have high standards, then I'm guilty as charged.

I chose to stop moderating because of my move and the concern that I wouldn't be able to do the job properly, but once I was not required to be here as much, I realized I had time to explore my other interests. I once was a guitarist, a lyricist, a songwriter, a photographer and a wannabe standup comic and I want to be more of those things again. As a result, I won't be here as much, unless I want to share something that makes me laugh or see a post by someone I can help.

Yes, some people don't behave that great here, but I wouldn't be rude if I met them personally. The bad stuff that happens here does not extend to real life, as far as I'm concerned.

So if you had or have something you wanna iron out, For the last time, PM me and let me know. As far as I'm concerned it's all water under the bridge.

9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, sense it's been declared a public spectacle - does that make it open to the public? I can't resist, I'm jumping in with my $.02

Blackbird closed "pointless" threads on everybody I did notice that Mr. Bird had a relatively low tolerance for silly threads and would not hesitate to close them.

Matt, are you stressed? You got finals or something? You sound like you've been up all night or like your in need of some female companionship or something - you made a very sarcastic post (please correct me frequently...) and Blackbird responded as if you had meant it literally. That's good humor in my book.

You know - you two are both a couple of "the good ones" around here. Now, kiss and make up.

edit - that should have been "you're", not "your" in my third paragraph.

:bag:

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOK. Well, on a lighter note, did anyone see that dress's price right now??? I wish my wife would let me sell hers If we could get that much! I'd buy myself a new bass and a truck!!! Woo, yeah. I feel better. Don't you? I mean, lets all have a group hug now, eh?