1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Worst franchise in Pro Sports POLL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Dec 10, 2006.

Worst Franchise in Pro Sports

Poll closed Dec 31, 2006.
  1. Cleavland Cavaliers (Another team with no Finals in modern history)

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Detroit Lions (last title in the 50's)

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  3. Chicago Cubs (last series in 35)

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Arizona Cardinals (join the Lions with 0 Super Bowl appearencies)

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Atlanta Hawks (Have they ever been to a league finals?)

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Cuyohoga Carrots (never went anywhere in the vegan league)

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I nominate the Detroit Lions. They have never been to a Super Bowl, one one playoff game in the last twenty years and or in the middle of a thirty year rebuilding plan. They are so bad I find myself apathetic and not caring about what use to be my favorite sport (pro football):(

2. Probably the Lions. I don't even remember a year in my life when they were a good team. Even with Barry Sanders they still struggled to win.

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Buffalo Bills.

Nothing quite like four superbowls in a row and zero wins.

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Bostin Bruins- No cup win since '72.
    Toronto Maple Leafs- '67
    Chicago Blackhawks- '61
    Buffalo, Vancouver, St. Louis, LA. Never won the cup.
    Philly- '75.

I'd say at least some of these should be on the list, especially Toronto, whos suckage knows no bounds.

5. omg don't talk to me about the cubs...

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    i wouldnt put the cubs or the cavs on there, because the show some promise in the relatively near future. they also make alot of money, despite not winning.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    For me, it was real close between the Cardinals and the Lions.

I went with the Cards since they have had some good players and good teams, they just fall apart every season no matter what.

-Mike

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Why are the Cubs on that list? If we are talking about actual sucess than I could understand, but the Cubs have an excellent fan base, a beautiful ball park, and they can still sell out every game even when the team is awful.

When it comes to downright pathetic organizations, I would say the Lions, the Detroit Tigers (ignore last year), a bunch of Hockey Teams.

9. Seeing I'm in Australia and we obviously don't have any pro sports represented in the list, I voted the carrot option :D

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Choose the Cardinals or Lions. Either is a safe choice, and correct. :D

-Mike

11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Because the Cub's have been involved in some of the most historical collapses in History. I would certainly beg to differ on the Tigers, 15 years of futility is frustrating but In my lifetime I've seen two world series wins and a few other good teams. The Cubs SHOULD have been in the series in 87, they were a far better team then Padres, but they collapsed. They also lost one of the biggest, if not the biggest september division leads in history (pre wild card). I agree they treat their fans good, but so have the Tigers. Still it's hard to argue with a team that hasn't seen the series since WAY before WW II.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    What about the browns and saints? :)

Oakland is getting there too. I mean c`mon... team makes it to super bawl, few of your starting players get drunk in Mexico and never show up to the game and you loose... just screams "great franchise".

13. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    w00t gkbass is supporting now!

oh yeah, and i said the lions because they suck eggs

14. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    At least they were good enough to make it to the dance.

I didn't see the Hartford Whalers on the list.

15. I would have done that but I don't even know what codes of sport those teams represent ... they could be Basketball Baseball, NFL or Ice Hockey teams for all I know hahaha...

16. Lions. The Browns are getting up there too.

17. I'd have asked that my beloved Saints be added to the list, but after the snot-knocking they gave the Cowboys tonight, i'm feeling a little forgiving...

Gotta go with the Cards on tht list. This is truely a team that can turn gold into lead.

Bob

18. Don't hide from the truth. The Saints first season was 1967. Their first winning record was posted in 1987. They've won ONE playoff game in their history. That was 2001. I've gotta question why they were left off the list.

Mike

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Golden State Warriors.

20. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Toronto Maple Leafs