Worst Gig ever!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mat gregory, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Man my band played last night heres a list of few of the problems we had

lead guitar cuts out at beginning of 2 minute guitar solo

Guitar amp (dual rectifier) had a country and western type sound cus the headline act wouldnt let us adjust the settings on anything so we played metal on a gain setting on about 3.

The bass amp was the same because the highs were so boomy and sounded messy and the low end pretty much didnt exist.

i hate house equipment!!!
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    you can't even change the setting of the amp ???

My worst gig was in pub where we played for about ... 7 people ?
  3. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    My worst gig was at my cégep 2 years ago (cégep by the way is a stage between high school and university in quebec)

It was this 50 aniversary of the said cégep, and since me, my brother, and my dad all went there, we were asked to play for the show. Since we thought we were playing for the students, we set up this funky metalwood song.

So we get there, i'm wearing jeans and skateboard shoes, and everyone's dressed to the hilt. So our contact there comes up to us and says "You've got some other clothes, right?" So my brother answers "Why is this formal?" and the guy says "Uh, yeah".

Turns out, we were playing for Lise Thibault, Québec's lieutenant governor general. In 2002, she was awarded the Golden Jubilee Medal of Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II. She is also about 75 years old. You're supposed to address her as "her majesty". I actually called her ma'am. :help: She was very nice though. I'm actually the only person she talked to.

So we get on stage, and we observe all 8 people in the crowd, and they all seem this close to having a heart attack. So we tried toning down our act, and we played like horse manure. :bawl:
    It was horrible.
  4. Wait... you played metal for 75yr old royalty? That's a pretty wicked story, did she like it?
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Two minute guitar solos are a problem if the amp DOESN"T cut out.
  6. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    actually... metalwood is a jazz/funk/fusion band, and I have no clue if she liked it. I thought we sucked.