1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worst Guitar Solo Ever Prank

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Capt.Obvious, Jun 4, 2014.

1. The band I'm trying out for, likes to play tricks on each other. Last part of the audition is Sunday, full band jam. Anyway, here's a hilarious prank they pulled on the keys and the violin player while finishing up their last album. Funny stuff for band geeks. ;)

Without further ado, I give you, The Worst Guitar Solo Ever Prank!

jimmybc91 likes this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I'll be honest I didn't get it? I was hoping to see a visual response from the victims :)

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  3. Funny stuff! :-D

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  4. Haha! Ya, they should have got video of her reaction, or even audio recorded it at least. We'll work on a pranking techniques as soon as they become Abney Park ft. Capt.Obvious.

;)

5. jetgraphics

jetgraphics

Dec 12, 2007
    Jawjuh
    Maybe the "radiovid" was the real prank?

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  6. That was the meta prank.

7. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    Um, yeah. I guess you just had to be there.

Capt.Obvious and Dominic DeCosa like this.
  8. Or even just listen to it. Either works no doubt.

9. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Having grown up in the 80s, the first example didn't even sound all that egregious to me. But when I heard him outblasting that fiddle part in the second example, yeah, I LOL'd. :D

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  10. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'm so meta, even this acronym...

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  11. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    If you want a purposely bad guitar solo--this one is my favorite.
    (the solo starts about 1:08)

12. lol I've heard much worse guitar solos...... it is funny though.

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  13. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I thought the original solo was pretty bad actually. Repetitive in a bad way.

mouthmw and fraublugher like this.
  14. LOL yea. I didn't think his "bad solo" was super bad really, just maybe totally out of place. It would have been a kickass solo in an 80's cover band or something. But yea, it just seems soooo musically out of place for this tune. Haha

15. They draw some pretty big crowds, particularly in Europe and Australia. If I was the guitar man, I'd just play it their way. ;)

16. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Vero Beach, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    I don't know. I much preferred the second solo over the first. The first sounds more like a cheesy melody than a solo.

fraublugher and Capt.Obvious like this.
  17. My thoughts exactly.

Capt.Obvious likes this.
  18. Come to think of it, just about every popular song ever is pretty damn cheesy with an easy enough melody for the average Joe to remember and even sing along.

Elton John's Hakuna Matata, best selling album of ALL TIME, doesn't make it necessarily interesting music, particularly for other musicians. That's what jazz is for. ;)

19. michaelandrew

michaelandrew The bass player is always right.

Oh good, I thought it was just me.;)

Stealth Fighter likes this.
  20. Will be jamming with them today, maybe getting in the band but I'll be sure to mention that we've had more votes for the second "prank" solo. If it makes it on the album, I'll need your names for collaboration credits.

:)