worst guitar solo?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Steve, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    ANYTHING played by the 2nd guitar player in the band I just left. He'd show up with a crummy practice amp and some pawn shop POS, set it right next to my $3,000+ ego rig and drive me batsh*t all night long...
  2. Heh. Sounds like band practice for me:)

Guitarist 1 - 2x12 @$@#$ combo amp, really really sounds horrible. No balls. Oddball crappy guitars. Guitars laying against amp.
    Guitarist 2 - 1x12. See above. Cut volume in half, subtract the ability to keep strings on a guitar. Plays a MIM Strat, he's got something goin for him.
    Me - 2 2x10's, 1x15, Carvin FET900, Ampeg SVP-Pro. SWR GrandPrix setting in a rack for recording. Hartke 3500 gathering quite a large amount of dust. Peavey TKO115, relegated to vocal duties. All my basses hanging in stands. (3, soon to be joined by 4 and 5)
    Drummer - Huge, great pearl set. Really on top of his stuff. Takes great care of his stuff.
    Singer - Comon...you kidding me? He brings us beer during breaks:) Shows up on time, comes to work and have fun.

Ugh, sometimes I really get tired of our lack of 6string firepower. It's just annoying, everyone else comes ready to work. And takes pride in their equipment and abilities. Except those two. They also didn't show up tonight for practice. Ugh.
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i'm confused:confused: does this have to do with strings? there was mentionings of stringed instruments, so does that qualify for the strings section? I'm probably just being blind.
  4. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    This thread was supposed to be a reply to "whats the worst guitar solo you've ever heard"
    It would probably make a little more sense in context with that thread.

How this reply became it's own thread is probably due to the breathtaking level of stupidity I can soar to at times.

Why the entire thing is even in the string section at all will have to remain a mystery....