Worst Headstock design

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Edgar, May 19, 2001.

1. Sukop

19 vote(s)
  2. Frudua

3 vote(s)
  3. Brubaker

9 vote(s)
  4. Tyler

49 vote(s)
  1. Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Hope I wont hurt anyone, Also would like to toss my hat for having the guts not to rip-off Leo.
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
  3. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, fender's do have ugly headstocks...but it is just a part of the whole picture. That whole bass is ugly, so at least the headstock doesn't make it worse.

I have to admit that those Dean-basses have ugly headstocks...sorry mr. Jeff.
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Danelectro or B.C. Rich "I'm soooo Goth and heavy" basses.
  5. Hey, how can you NOT like the Fender headstock? Its just so...huge. :D
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    My vote went to Sukop, but I think Curbow should be added to the list.

Will C.:cool:
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll agree with the Dean and the B.C. Rich ones and add Smith (YUCK!! :p) and Alembic (WAY too big and heavy....headstock dive heaven :( ).

I'm just glad no one has mentioned the funky string retainer on my Bogart. I'm still trying to get used to it! ;)

Paint this guy white, get rid of the frets, and you have my Bogart, for the most part (electronics are a bit different in mine):

8. Big Vote for Tyler
    Neil Stubenhaus with his.

Looks bad and the fact that the words James Tyler is written on it ten times doesn't help.

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    Whoo! Gard, are they guitar pegs on that tiny headstock? It's so small it looks like its gonna break off under the tension of the strings! :D
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, if you look closely, the REAL tuners are on the body behind the bridge, in a psuedo-Stienberger arrangement. The little guitar tuner lookin' knobs are just set screws that hold the string in the retainer. Weird setup, but functional. The thing balances perfectly too. :) Also, it sounds fat and warm, surprisingly for a completely composite instrument. That headstock ain't goin' nowhere either, it's a graphite composite neck, and strong as they come.
  11. i agree with rickbass1, Danelectro is just plain ugly. But in all fairness to danelectro, their headstocks don't look that bad compared to their really ugly bodies.
  12. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    no offence to anyone, but spectors headstock took a long time to get used to, i still think the logo is really ugly. smiths are ugly too.
  13. i hate those itty bity ibanez soundgear heads. they look so wimpy.
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i don´t like Danelectro headstocks... bad color, bad size, bad shape...

i happen to like Fender headstock... G&L are similar, but with a little spike on the bottom.

what abot headstocks that we love?
    i like:
    -Carl Thompson (the coolest! even cooler with a Geddy lee authograph :D)
  15. THat new Ibanez with the piezo and stuff. That headstock is incredably ugly, it almost masks the ugliness of the bass itself.
  16. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Kramer -- you could poke someone's eye out with one of those!
  17. It's not the ugliest, but in my opinion, the Fender in-line 5 is the worst designed headstock in the industry. Another bad one is the new Ibanez EDA series.
  18. Gibson T/bird. Heavy and keeps breaking.