worst jobs.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    What was the worst job you guys (and girls) have had?

Mine was working at a middle school. Those kids are horrible,
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Dishwasher. My first job at 15. I'd go into detail but I can't bear to relive the experience.
  3. Babysitter. Mainly caus I hate kids. :)
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Try a high school, where they're bigger than you are.
  5. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    garbage man. i had all sorts of ****ty jobs out of school.
  6. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    +1. It was at a disgusting pizza place. Sooooo many bad memories.
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Working as a roofer in the hottest summer in years, right after finishing highschool, all others have been nicer in comparison. I've been very lucky.
  8. Birthday Cake Maker (I never remembereeer the birthdays anymore) isn't as easy as it looks!.

JK, its much easier than it looks. :D
  9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    In high school I worked for the City Highways and Bridges Department. Highlights included:

1. Cutting a rusted, bee's nest-filled office trailer apart from the inside.

2. Digging a new trench at the sewage treatment plant.

3. Using a chainsaw to cut down poison ivy vines.

and the keeper:

4. Riding with old Jimmy on DA Patrol, or Dead Animal Patrol. That's right, we scooped up the roadkill.
  10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I suppose working retail at Software Etc for 2.5 years though I did have some good times. Major idiots to deal with though.

All in all I think I have been fortunate but I attribute a lot of it to my hard work.
  11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Busboy at O'Charley's restaurant. Worked for four shifts, then quit. All the servers treated it like a caste system... they were better than you (meaning me) because they were servers making good money, and I was cleaning up after them. Lousy job with lousy people.
  12. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

been there , done that ... temp helper for three months right out of high school . the heat , the smell , and up /down ladders ALL day . what a crappy job . Texas heat is not fun , especially for a roofing job , let me tell ya'...that was probably my worst job...

a real close second was carpet laying .
  13. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Telemarketing for a travel agency, I tought it was something for real like customer support, it was that "Congrats, you just won a trip to the caribbeans, come and pick it up" horses**t, left in the 2nd day. :meh:
  14. Burger King for 5 weeks.... ugghhh
  15. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Occasional work with my buddies construction company....can be fun and interesting (laying 100 ft of clay pipe), or not so fun (troweling out human sewage from a backed up system in a 150 degree manhole).
  16. Busboy at Denny's nuff said.
  17. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My first job ever, McDonald's front counter guy. That sucked...I went home smelling like an old french fry every night and sometimes the bottoms of my shoes were so slick with grease that they'd slip off of the gas and brake pedals in the car. Also, I had to deal with some real low-lifes both as customers and coworkers.

After that the second worst job was probably 12 hour night shifts at the Compaq computer factory...just because it was nights and it was so freakin' long.

brad cook
  19. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    "Night Maintence" person at McDonald's. (night maintence was just a euphemism for someone who cleaned grease all night) I was out of tech school for almost a year looking for work and I finally caved for a job like this. I worked one night and said, "What the hell am I doing here?". I resigned the next day, and found an IT job two months later. I'm not against manual labor, or less than glamour jobs, but anyone who's ever worked the "night maintence" position knows what a crap job it is.