Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst Make of Bass and Model!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sultan Of Swing, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Sultan Of Swing

Sultan Of Swing

May 31, 2002
    Whats everones opinion on the worst make of Bass or Model?

Personally I've seen some crud ones but the ones with Encore onthe headstock have to be the worst (also the worst Guitars as well) .

Whats the most despised or crap Bass you've had the misfortune to buy,listen to or play?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Fodera

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah man, they're so crappy they don't even take the time to cut out the top horn! and they put the b string tuner in the wrong place and it turns the other way!

how's that for shoddy workmanship?!

4. Hondo. yeah! Hondo was the worst. Those super cheap Squier's coming out if Indo are really bad ones too. I played a JB player bass that really su#ked big time. I bet the Rogue's that musicians Friend sell are nasty doo doo!:eek: I know this dude that is a great bass player but in one of his bands he plays this piece of crap no name bass. He gets that turd to sound good and it fits into the mix really well....go figure!

5. What about the Zon Hyberbass? Look at how deep they make the cutaway!!!! You'd think they'd catch it one of these days

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    My Stingrays SUCK.
    Doc

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And what's up with the necks? To cheap for wood too, eh? Sheesh....And another thing, what's up with Fodera? they have to use wood for the pickups!? So crappy thet can't even get a plastic cover, and have to make it out of wood scraps. You'd THINK someone would say something to them...

And Rob Allen. What? Too cheap for pickups?

8. embellisher

Yeah, I thought that I got a great deal on my Zon, until I found out the neck is made of plastic, instead of wood!:mad:

9. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    My MTD Kingston. I only bought it to spare someone else the misery.

10. Hey! Are you saying I misrepresented it???!!!

Phenowood... plastic... same thing, right?

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jeff, Jeff...

I TOLD you it wasn't a painted Neck...but noooo you said "No, it's just painted wood!"

I've seen you Zon...the guy even forgot to put frets on it! Talk about horrible bass...

12. embellisher

Maybe to you it's the same, but it's not to me!!! I don't think that I will ever forgive you for selling me this bass!!!!;)

13. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes: :p

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Aw you guys, be nice to the newbie. :D

15. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    VA
    man did this thread fall to Sarcasm real fast
    now for a real answer:

Sadowsky
    anything made by them stinks. :p :rolleyes:

16. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    conklins...all i can say is ew!

17. Who ever heard of "F" or "Sadowsky"?? I'd never buy an off-brand bass like that. The dumbest thing I ever did was buy some cheapo brand called "Fodera", made in Brooklyn by two guys, who apparently couldn't afford computers to do it right. Then, when I finally got the bass, it had this really ugly paint job--it was natural wood, but there was all of this...stuff...on it. They said that it's something called "burl". Yeah right. Good thing I had a can of black Krylon in the garage....

18. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Ive never seen a Charl Thompson that I liked. :rolleyes: :p :D

19. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    i know!!!!!! whats up with these people!!! can they not afford paint for the basses jeeze!! and this spalted maple stuff? rotting wood? i mean come on cant even afford to use good wood! they have to dig it out from some nasty wet place from their back yard!

20. The guy from Three's Company makes basses too. I bet they're not that good.