Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst nights sleep EVER!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I slept in my car last night. I had to be at work super early to cover our "hoot owl" shift (0200) in addition to working my regular 0800-1700 yesterday and today, and I have a very long commute home (1.5 hrs each way) The last couple of time I worked the hoot/day double shift I got less than 1 hr of sleep by going home - last time I got no sleep at all. So I decided that the next time, I'd be better off to stay in town and crash at the office (I'm way too cheap and poor for even the cheapest motel in this situation) …but, I still hadn't stowed any blankets or sleeping bag in my car and I found out just yesterday that I'd have this shift this morning - so, I didn't want to go home last night to not get any sleep and not having blankets or sleeping bag = not sleeping on the floor, so I slept in the car. Now I know, you might be thinking "that's not so bad, I've slept in a car before…". Well, here is two things to consider: I'm 6'6" and I drive a Honda Civic. Worst nights sleep ever.

Edit: Adding this smilie because he looks like he's sleepy and yawning. :oops:

2. Mate, you need some fishing alright. How long you keep on keeping that up for?..... that is a onion buster big time. :help:
    some you time is in order.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yikes!

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Hoot owl shifts are for the birds.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I would have slept on the floor.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    My thinking was that it would be cold on the floor and I wouldn't be comfortable enough to sleep - I figured that by sleeping in the car, if I got cold I could just turn the engine on and run the heater for a bit. But, after last night - I've gotta say that you are right. If I had it to do over again, I'd just sleep on the floor. I think that tonight I'm going to get a sleeping bag, pillow, and change of clothes and put them in the trunk of my car so that next time, I'll be prepared when I decide to stay close to work.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I speak from experience, unless you have a big car, the floor is better.

8. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Get an air mattress/camping pad and a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor. The car will put a hurt on you.

9. Get some nyquil to get to sleep quicker too, but make sure you have a loud enough alarm clock to break that quasi-coma.

10. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Better off with some Brandy. I would not take cold meds unless I really had a cold. Some nasty stuff in there. :eek:

11. Ya this summer when my band rolled up to the las vegas warped tour we slept in the mini van holding us and all our gear. I still think my drummer had the best ides by sleeping outside on the asphault, then again, he sleeps on the floor at home without a bed.