Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

worst posts of all time

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    since i've been a member here i've started about 4 or 5 posts that got no response at all. doesn't necesarily mean they were bad, boring, stupid or uninteresting - but then again it might :D .

this happened yesterday again though and it got me thinking about bad posts. how bout posting some links to posts that seemed either totally ridiculous - or just went really bad somewhere but didn't get closed.

kind of a battle of the bad posts thread.

this could turn into a megathread, or be the best post ever if it wins by nobody responding at all. :eek: :D

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    i'm having a rotten day. cut me some slack. i need the love of you all today. i'm a great talkbasser in training still. i'll slip up every now and again.

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
  5. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    yes i do in fact. and i think part of my having a bad day today is the fact that it's starting to sink in that i was rejected by a chick who eats bugs. i was sorta tryin to come on to her, but she wasn't goin for it. i can handle rejection, but from a lady who eats bugs?!?! :eek:

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Try growing a few more legs, then she'll like you!

Seriously, sideshow chicks probably get a lot of people coming on to them, and brushing them off is just a standard response. I don't really know how you can get to know her, but it can't start at a performance because she'll automatically put you in the "overly-friendly fan" category. If you met her at the deli, things might be different. I wonder if she eats bugs in her off time . . .

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow, my threads ARE better now a days, right guys?

9. The way people react, and treat me for my posts, it would seem as though; all of my posts are the worse posts in TB.

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I usually dig your posts, Joe. Regarding that previous thread, another possibility is that people who might have been interested just didn't happen to log on in time to see it. I have had a few threads that got no responses. When that happens, I just bump it up. If it happens again, it wasn't meant to be. ;)

I don't know what the worst post written was... I ignore as many of the bad ones as I can. Well, wait I thought of one. You guys remember the jerk racist "hi-end"? There was that one time he was posting a bunch of racist garbage in every forum.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    but that one is fake

(note the gimmickly talkbass FiElDy stereotype)

12. ....ah so that's what happens to the horrifically terrible threads!
    no wonder I never get to see 'em..lol

13. You know Joe I wil help you make this a megathread. So here I am contributing this post of heroic duckism. Am I tired and need sleep ? YOU BETCHA !

Also this hereby post get's me 1 closer to 1,000.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I have to keep on posting to stay ahead of Mike Money.

Joe, you post great threads. This one'll turn around, you'll see.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I thought this thread started the stereotype? :oops:

Where's the talkbass historians?

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo