Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Worst quality recording ever. Wooo!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Only, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Yeah, so...Apparently, I'm in a new band. And tonight, we jammed. And we recorded. Crappily. Using just a 4-track sitting in the middle of the room with the internal mic set up. But here it is, our first complete song (minus the ending) and uploaded for all the world for no other reason than I like my bass tone.

Note: The sound quality is terrible, the audio is only on the left, and we make some mistakes. But here it is anyway.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/everyonetookournamemusic.htm

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the quality does really suck a lot, but from what I can hear, I'd like to hear a better quality version. What I mean is, I can't hear jack, but what I can hear sounds good.

3. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    A have to agree that it would be awsome if you could get a better quality version because I liked it. The only thing that annoyed me was that in some parts the drummer sounded like he was a little busy for what music I was hearing.

4. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Glad you guys like it. As soon as guitarist #2 gets a new axe and amp (he's the solo in the beginning that sounds like a keyboard or clarinet) we'll record it with quality. Much easier to record higher quality than to write a song of higher quality. :D

...Just another question, you guys are listening to the full song, right? It's close to 8 minutes. There are two long pauses with spoken word, but the words didn't get recorded very well (as if anything else did, heh).