Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

worst spill

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Apr 11, 2002.

1. what was the worst spill your rig ever took? what kind of equip. did you have? and what kind of damage (if any) was there? Im asking because I recently shattered my knee cap when my stack fellover on me.
    I had a sunn2-15, topped with an ampeg bse410h, with my head on top. I wasunplugged, and the whole thing fellover. I know its stacked alittle high, but i didnt plan on having it stacked like that forever...just til i got my 1-15, and its been stacked like that for a few weeks..and it just falls over....leaned forward...and bam!! i went to go catch it...stupid me..it was too heavy...but just a reflex seeing my rig fall on to the floor...but heaviest bang i ever heard in my life. And the only thing hurt was my bass...it got a huge chip in it...(adds character) and bent one of my knobs really bad..the whole control has to be replaced....well lets hear about your spills!!!

2. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    i once had to transport my cab to my drummers house. I had to push the thing on casters a 3/4 mile. The cab weighs 110, and is 40't 30'w 20'd. As i was pushing it across the street, i was at an intersection cross walk, and the thing hit a rock and tipped over and bam! i flipped over the cab, hit my face, and then a car came within 2 feet of hitting me and the cab. fun, huh?

3. 40 feet high huh, wow. :D

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My smaller SWR rig (WM 4004 and 2x10) took a trip down 2 flights of concrete stairs. My High School jazz band was playing at a local college basketball game, and on load out the d*ckhe--er--director, wouldn't let me take my own rig...he made two weak, idiot freshman move it down. As soon as they got to the stairs they were gonna wait for me, but the director leaned against it, causing the fall. All that happened was most of the plastic corners were broken on the 2x10. Head was still fine, and the cab was, except for those corners.

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    At our guitarists house, you have to go beside the house and down a hill to get to the backside, where our band room is. In the back yard, there is another hill that slopes down. Once, while loading my Mesa 4x10, I forgot to shut the tailgate on my pickup truck and while driving up one of the hills, I saw my Mesa sliding off the truck bed in the rear-view mirror! I stopped and looked over my shoulder and saw the cab tumble out of the bed and land/roll about 10+ feet away in the yard!!!

...only left a small tear in the vinyl. And it worked perfectly afterward. Built tough!:cool: