Worst Week Ever

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Last Thursday my Dad was hit by a car on his way to work on his motorbike, he lost an arm and has a crushed pelvis, he also seems to have been deprived of oxygen at the scene of the accident because although he's had MRI scans etc on his brain and it shows no damage he hasn't woken up. I don't know why I'm posting this on here, but this has been the worst week of my life, I love my Dad so much, it seems so unfair that this should happen to a man who has done so much good for so many people.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Holy ****!!!

I hope he pulls through!!!! Sorry for clicking this thread thinking it was another teen angst thread...

Wow, My old man rides a bike all summer. I1/2 wait for this kind of call.

Keep us posted, There will be some positive vibes aimed his and your way from my neck of the woods.
  3. that really really sucks. I would hate for that to happen to anyone i knew. i hope ur dad pulls through. good luck.
  4. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'll pray for you and your father. I guy who goes to school with me was in a crash on his motorbike last sumemr too. He was makign a turn and some car ran the light and smoked him. His leg was almost amputated. The big vein in the leg was ruptuered. He very nearly bled to death. Fortunatly, there happened to be paramedics on the same street who witnessed the accident and could stop the bleeding.

I hope your dad will pull through. :(
  5. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Tom that is horrible news, I sincerely hope that your father gets better quickly and makes a full recovery.
  6. Hope he comes out ok.
    Driving should not be a dangerous thing if you are obaying traffic laws, but that is not what this is about, I am sorry for you and him.
  7. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Thank you for your kind words guys. I will keep you posted on how he's doing.
  8. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Hang in there.

I hope everything turns out fine and that they find the assholes responsible. :(
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I'm sorry for your father. i hope he gets better. :(
  10. man, i thought my day hadnt started out to well... slept in and then dropped the toothbrush down the bog TWICE! doh! :eyebrow:

best of luck to you & yours, hope he pulls through.
  11. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    My sympathy and best wishes to a fellow motorcyclist.
  12. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Sorry about your Dad. Our prayers go out to him and your family.

We wish him a speedy recovery.
  13. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    It's not looking good. The doctors believe that my Dad suffered brain damage due to lack of oxygen, he was resuscitated twice at the scene of the accident. He still hasn't woken up, and the doctors say it is unlikely he ever will. He is moving a lot more than he was a week ago, he seems to be moving in response to things we are saying, although it is hard to tell. He has opened his eyes a number of times, but doesn't seem to focus.

I'm not religious, but if you are, or even if you're not, I would appreciate it if you could pray for my Dad.
  14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

continued positive vibes from here
  15. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Motorcyclists get treated like **** on british roads.

Thoughts to you and your family - I hope your dad recovers.
  16. He will be in my prayers goodnight.
  17. I don't usually pray, but I don't see any reason not to. I lost my Dad in a motorcycle accident, those were bad times. If he doesn't make it, just remember better times will come.
  18. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Well mate, I'm not the religious type, but whatever entity there may be out there, I hope it does whatever it can so your father can make a full recovery.
  19. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ok that does it for me. I crashed my motorbike a couple of weeks ago and somehow came out of it with nothing but a sore shoulder. I got very lucky. At the time I was saying I was going to sell the bike once it was fixed but I've been having second thoughts, contemplating keeping it. Not any more.........

I hope they catch the ****** that did this to him, and I hope they throw the book at them. Most of all I hope your dad recovers.
  20. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Tom, your father is in my prayers, as well as you and the rest of your family.