1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

worth buying? Geddy Lee used

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbounce, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bassbounce

bassbounce

Apr 22, 2009
  2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    For reference, I bought mine for $535 brand new, plus tax. No case. That was about 3 years ago. You have to know that they have jumped in price a lot recently. I think that the things he points out would also not affect the sound or playability. And it includes a decent case. That is probably a good deal - maybe not the deal of the century, but certainly it sounds like a good deal.

3. bassbounce

bassbounce

Apr 22, 2009
    yeah, Fenders jumped CAD300 in Canada...ouch

4. 6 hours left? It will go through the roof before auction's end; these are the hotness right now. Aren't there a couple on TB?
    I predict $750 or more ending price, +shipping.

5. I wouldnt bother. Just a few months ago I got one in pristine condition for $350{w/good gig bag}. You will come across better if you keep a very keen eye out on all sales type forums.

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    U can get one used for usually between $500-700...I'd find a used one with a cheap BIN price and get that. Definitely don't get new though. They're almost twice the price new.

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    350 for a used Geddy Lee??...probably the deal of the year.
    This one looks beat. I would hold off and try and pick up a cleaner one either here on TB or Ebay.....

8. I got mine on Craigslist from a non-avid bass player who just wanted to emulate Geddy.

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    That's at least 200 less than you'd pay on Ebay......nice score!

10. experimental bassist

experimental bassist

Mar 15, 2009
    Keep your eyes open. Recently saw a Geddy on Craigslist for $300 near me but it was gone before I could snag it.

11. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    this price way too high. PASS.