1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Worth buying twin #1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therealting, Oct 27, 2004.

1. I have the opportunity to buy the twin to my #1 bass - same colour, same model. They don't seem to come around very often, so I'm debating whether to go for it or not.

I've generally been of the belief that I wanted all my instruments to be different to each other so I could get variety... however I play this bass so much that it would be handy to have an extra if I broke a string, or if this bass gave up, or was stolen again.

I also don't have a great deal of money at present, but it is a good price and I worry I may regret not going for it later on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Johann

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    If it is at a good price & you can afford to buy it now, I wouldn't take the chance to pass on it.
    I was just in the same predicament...and I decided that since I have the funds now, why take a chance and miss a good deal.

Good luck with your decision.

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Is it a botique? How rare would you say it is? If you can get a good price on it you may stand to make some money later on :).

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Go for it. You can string it with something out of the ordinary, or in a different tuning, etc. etc.

5. get the clone...its what i wanna do :D but if you're happy with our tone and dont wanna change...it's what id do....id like to get another the same color...but thats a custom job...so just another in a different color is fine by me

6. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    If it's what you want.... and what you use.... go for it!

I speak from mucho experience! ;) :D