Worth buying twin #1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therealting, Oct 27, 2004.

1. I have the opportunity to buy the twin to my #1 bass - same colour, same model. They don't seem to come around very often, so I'm debating whether to go for it or not.

I've generally been of the belief that I wanted all my instruments to be different to each other so I could get variety... however I play this bass so much that it would be handy to have an extra if I broke a string, or if this bass gave up, or was stolen again.

I also don't have a great deal of money at present, but it is a good price and I worry I may regret not going for it later on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    If it is at a good price & you can afford to buy it now, I wouldn't take the chance to pass on it.
    I was just in the same predicament...and I decided that since I have the funds now, why take a chance and miss a good deal.

Good luck with your decision.
  3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Is it a botique? How rare would you say it is? If you can get a good price on it you may stand to make some money later on :).
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Go for it. You can string it with something out of the ordinary, or in a different tuning, etc. etc.
  5. get the clone...its what i wanna do :D but if you're happy with our tone and dont wanna change...it's what id do....id like to get another the same color...but thats a custom job...so just another in a different color is fine by me
  6. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    If it's what you want.... and what you use.... go for it!

I speak from mucho experience! ;) :D