Worth swapping pickups? MIA Jazz.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by needmoney, Jun 6, 2005.

1. I'm about to purchase a brand spanking new MIA Jazz. I was considering swapping out the pickups straight away for some NJ4SE's, but is it really worth it?

I mean, is there anything wrong with the stock pickups apart from the SC hum. This was the main reason I was considering swapping, but realised I'll probably always run both pickups together anyway.

Are there any other issues with the stock pickups I should know about?
  2. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Play it first and see how you like it. If you don't like the pickups then at least you'll know why you don't like the sound and better recommendations can be made as to the tone you're looking for.
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    if ur talking about a new MIA with the S1 switch, i have one of those and i get ZERO hum, and i don't always run them in parallel. Personally, i like the sound i get from them, it can be pbassy or classically j.
  4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Agreed, play it for a while and see how you like them over an extended period. But if you do decide to switch, I think you're pretty much guaranteed good results with the Nordies. I'm absolutely delighted with mine, and other people who've got them say pretty much the same. See the thread in this forum on NJ4SE in MIA Jazz and have a listen to them on the Basstasters website.