1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worth upgrading to Geezer Wah from 105Q?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Maxfenderbass, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    Currently have had my 105Q for approaching 10 years. A Geezer just popped up in my local classifieds though. Is it worth upgrading? I would be running it with distortion so is there really that big of a difference?

2. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    I haven't tried the geezer, but on paper its a big YES!

3. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    I like that the Geezer affects the midrange more so than the low end like the 105Q but I wish it were possible to adjust the overall volume of the GZR like you can on the 105Q.

Maxfenderbass likes this.
  4. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Ive currently got an ehx cockfight plus which has a lows control and a volume knob. The main thing i dont like about it is the activate switch, so whenever you switch it on you are already toe down on the most extreme setting. Cant make a graceful entrance hah. Ive managed to avoid the issue by having it always on and using switcher presets to engage when i need to and can now start heel down. I do like it though, and the fuzz circuit is a very cool addition, but id love a geezer.

5. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    I wonder if it boosts the volume a bunch, don’t exactly want that.

6. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    The GZR doesn't have the volume boost like the 105Q does. I just prefer having that extra volume but the GZR is no joke. I own it, don't use it a whole lot but it sits so great in a mix. Shines in a solo situation too.

Maxfenderbass likes this.