1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worth upgrading to Traynor YBA200-2???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boy_Narf, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello Everyone,

So a few months back I picked up a SB500H and a TC1510. Although cheap the rig sounds great to my ears. I just stumbled across an epic deal on a YBA-200-2. Not sure if I can talk prices here or not, but the guy wants a fuzz pedal I don't use anymore plus a few hundred. He says it needs a re-tube, so we have factored that into the trade. Not even sure if I'll replace the tubes. The original ones could still sound great after a quick bias check and adjustment. What do you guys think? I'm happy with the SB500H, but it is a damn good deal for an all tube head.

Although this may be a long shot, has anyone compared the SB500H and the YBA200-2?

Thanks,

2. Nope. But I'd still go for it if the price is right. Can't beat toobz

3. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I have the SB500H and love it and that is what I will be taking when playing out. But I am thinking of getting a YBA300 just to have. SO, yeah, if the deal is right, I think you will enjoy having a tube amp. I always like playing through them. The SB500H is a really neat great sounding SO EASY to use amp that you will probably keep the YBA200 in the studio unless it is one of THOSE type gigs.

4. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Hey guys,

Decided against the head. I'm fairly happy with the tone and weight of my rig right now and defiantly don't need to be collecting more gear.

:)

Thanks for the advice.

5. Fair enough. Can't beat toobz. :roflmao:

6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    the bassist for skull uses the yba200 -2 just like i use my mesa d180, crazy od at high volume, rock and roll cleanish at more moderate volumes

7. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Yea I'm trying really hard not to buy extra bass gear like I did/do for my guitar rig :)

Have my eye on a few pedals, and a G&L fret-less. Plus the SB500H sounds great. Just had a GAS/good deal attack hah.

8. Never bonded with my yba200, but am pretty keen to have a cracker at the 300 sometime.

9. Boy_Narf

Boy_Narf

Dec 19, 2013
    Good to know. I want something with a bit more control of the mid range. Have my eyebon the Orange OB1-300.

10. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    YBA200 has never been a favourite of mine either.
    But the YBA300 is a beast!