1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Would a Fender Jazz player dig a Cliff Bordwell S-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heat@500Hz, Jul 26, 2005.

1. heat@500Hz

heat@500Hz Guest

Jun 11, 2005
    Lago Blanco de la Roca
    With the exception of a couple of instruments, I've always played traditional, time-honored models of guitars and basses. My favorite bass being the Fender Jazz.

I play lots of kinds of music, but gravitate towards r&b, classic rock with band and like to thumb about solo.

Can anyone testify about moving from a Jazz to one of Cliff's basses? How'd it feel? How'd you sound? What did you gain or lose sound-wise? Is the character of the sound more hi-fi, or does the passive option allow you to get legitimate old-school sounds as well?

I'm planning to email Mr. Bordwell to discuss some more details, but I thought with all of the knowledge and experience on this forum, I'd take a shot and ask for opinions first!

Thanks!

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    WOW Who is him? i visited the site and am impress with his products,nice bass and better prices,i see this very nice for myself :p
    [​IMG]

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
  4. heat@500Hz

heat@500Hz Guest

Jun 11, 2005
    Lago Blanco de la Roca
    yeah, those s models are very nice looking--i'm quite impressed with the aesthetics and detail...just curious about the sound, since it's a tool in my hands when it comes down to it!