Would a Fender Jazz player dig a Cliff Bordwell S-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heat@500Hz, Jul 26, 2005.

1. heat@500Hz

heat@500Hz Guest

Jun 11, 2005
    Lago Blanco de la Roca
    With the exception of a couple of instruments, I've always played traditional, time-honored models of guitars and basses. My favorite bass being the Fender Jazz.

I play lots of kinds of music, but gravitate towards r&b, classic rock with band and like to thumb about solo.

Can anyone testify about moving from a Jazz to one of Cliff's basses? How'd it feel? How'd you sound? What did you gain or lose sound-wise? Is the character of the sound more hi-fi, or does the passive option allow you to get legitimate old-school sounds as well?

I'm planning to email Mr. Bordwell to discuss some more details, but I thought with all of the knowledge and experience on this forum, I'd take a shot and ask for opinions first!

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    WOW Who is him? i visited the site and am impress with his products,nice bass and better prices,i see this very nice for myself :p
  3. heat@500Hz

heat@500Hz Guest

Jun 11, 2005
    Lago Blanco de la Roca
    yeah, those s models are very nice looking--i'm quite impressed with the aesthetics and detail...just curious about the sound, since it's a tool in my hands when it comes down to it!