Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would a Hartke 115XL stand alone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    The subject pretty much says it all. I have my Hartke 3500/Peavey TVX410 combination, but as I currently play in two different bands located in different cities it would be nice to be able to have a cab in each rehearsal place so I'd only lug my head around.. so I've been considering buying some inexpensive cab for this use.

It just happens that there seems to be 2nd hand 115XL at my local store at the moment for $350, which I consider a decent price in Finland. I don't certainly require very bright cab as I play with flats anyway, so I should be fine even without a tweeter.

Now, would the Hartke stand or fall alone? There are some guys here who own 115XL so what do you think?

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yes, I think. Hartke cabs are on the brigth side, even without a tweeter it should sound ok alone.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I use the exact same cab with my laney bh150 head, I play all sorts of styles and this cab is perfect for all styles, I use both a 62 MIM Jazz RI and a rick 4003, sings with both. An amazing cab I did plan on getting another cab like a 2x10 but this cab is soooooooo good on its own i may only get another cab to get more power out of it.

The cab says it can handle 200 watts this is not quite true i've put a ashdown mag 500 at 8 ohms on full volume through mine and the speaker hardly even moves so not really likely its going to blow up or anything.

You may endup up selling your peavey and getting another one of these cabs to cover both bands there amazing I really recomend one.

Hope this helps