1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would a J-Retro fit in an SX (Essex) shortscale?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by onehappybunny, Sep 21, 2008.

1. onehappybunny

onehappybunny

Nov 23, 2007
    As you can probably tell by the thread title I'm thinking of getting an SX (Essex) short-scale jazz bass and would be looking to upgrade to a J-Retro or ACG EQ-02.

Would appreciate if anyone can let me know if it's likely to fit (i.e. if the routing is the same size as a standard Fender Jazz), particularly as I'll be going for the short-scale version

Thanks folks :)

Stu

2. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Having owned one awhile back, I'm almost sure it's the same control plate.

Worse comes to worse you could always use the control plate that came with the bass and fit the pre to it.

3. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    I had a set of Alembic Jazz pickups in my short scale SX Jag for a while. I had to mount the pre to the SX plate due to the size difference (the sx was a bit smaller than the standard Jazz plate). Also had to open the holes a bit with a rat-tail file. Tight fit, but worked fine.

4. onehappybunny

onehappybunny

Nov 23, 2007
    thanks for the replies - think I'll give it a go... erm.... when I have some cash!