Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

would a p with emg's work?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by societysfinest, Dec 9, 2002.

1. I play in a band which plays fast punk rock/rock and roll. I usually go along with the root notes but i like puttin in cool fill and some octave stuff. I also out of the band scenario like playing reggae,funk blues, and i may want to learn some jazz kind of stuff. I have been told a MIM jazz is rightpartly because i dont have lots of money. BUt i recently saw a guy in a band i like live playing a P-Bass with EMG's it looked like. Would that kind of bass fit my needs? or any other suggestions? i am a teenager without a real job so i dont have too much money but im savin.thanks.

2. I would suggest a P style pick up bass. This could either be a P bass or a "hot rod" Jazz bass ( one jazz pick up and one P pickup)

The really deep thumping sounds are most easily had by a P pickup and its "almost" manditory for Reggae.

For some really good deals check out this web site. Lots of folk here have bought the Essex line stuff and most of them think its great for the money.

Rondo Music