1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

would a regular Metro "Vintage" pickguard fit on a rear-routed Sadowsky "Standard"?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quadrogong, Aug 18, 2007.

1. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    and if so, what about the chrome control plate?
    ..it wouldn't serve any purpose,other than to complete the look.
    ..are all the holes routed the same distance apart
    on "Vintage" Metros and "Standards" ?

and if so,could one simply buy these two items from Sadowsky,and screw them in?
    is it that simple? does everything line up?
    maybe best to have them do that.

2. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    The knobs are not in the same position for the standard models than for the vintage models. If you convert an standard to a vintage some of the old holes won't be covered by the control plate.
    You'll probably need to reorganize the control cavity.

I'd sell that bass and buy a new one.

3. Just came across this thread......I've been curious about the same thing. You would have to go without the chrome control plate but it might still look pretty sharp. That's what they do to Alleva-Coppolos and they look great. I wish I was good with photo shop to check it out that way.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Ditto. I think the Standards look sharp as h*** without the pickguard and control plate. Simplicity at its finest!

Riis

5. Yeah...I think I agree. It's kind of a shame to cover up beautiful ash with a pickguard. However, I've always hated the look of pickguards until just very recently. I don't know why I've changed but I'm starting to get into them a bit.