1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would an 11-hole jazz pickguard line up with a 10-hole pattern?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Nov 21, 2010.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I have an 11-hole Fender Jazz pickguard (from Fender) that I'm trying to sell in the classifieds and it didn't dawn on me that the holes on this one might not match a 10-hole pattern.

Does anybody here know if it would? Is it like a 10-hole pickguard, with one extra hole?

2. Nah - the holes are all over the place for alignment and maybe one or two will go sortta into existing holes - but don't count on it.

Is it tort? Let me know.

3. About 8 will line up.

4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It is tort - here's the link to my sales thread.

5. I tried the PG from my Fender Jazz on my VM-Jazz - and although it would clear everything - there were only about two or three screw holes that were in exactly the right place.

Some you can SEE the holes - but they are 1/2 a screw diameter away from alignment and the rest were nowhere to be seen.

{looking at posted ad right now}

6. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    There's 15 holes in that one. :bag:

7. I'm interested in that 15-holer.

I think that's for the p'up shield and a tug bar. I dig the tug bar idea - and am thinking over the chrome bling-thing.

Cool (I think!)

Now I gotta decide if I want the extra hardware on my VM-Jazz or not.

Decisions - decisions - decisions.

Hoping here that I don't really see a truss rod screw-notch thingy.

Please be an optical illusion!