1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would appreciate more ears on this

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Hi:

If anyone has time, could you please DL and listen to this track and LMK what you think of the mix? (My primary question is the mix, and not the style or whether the bass player sux.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/143871440/09.06.08_alamedasunset_medhalleffects.m4a

It's "m4a" format - not my favorite but it's what I got. And I have DL'd it myself already and it does not appear to be The Doomsday Virus (there's got to be one called The Doomsday Virus!).

The band member doing the mixing may feel sensitive about feedback, so before I give any more than I have already I think I should run it by some other folks.

This is just a practice performance as we prepare to record a home-studio demo to use to get gigs playing festivals and such. Not trying to win a Grammy or get signed with it.

Whatever thoughts cross your mind about the mix are welcome. Thanks so much.

--Bomb :bassist:

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    I'd like more bass and drums in it so it doesn't sound too much like Muzak. Do you use real drums or a drum machine ? This sounded like a drum machine, so if you have a real drummer, this is BAD. But the mix overall is very workable: the overall sound is nice and refined with nuances and dynamics getting heard cleanly.

I also get a "treble hum", but this might be because of my computer.

3. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Thank you!

It's a human playing an electronic kit.

Yeah, it's like that movie "Speed": if we fall below xx BPM we turn into Muzak.

Thanks again--

4. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    ^^ Your right there is a pronounced humm. There is also this weird click that I feel in my spine and the back of my throat.

Turn the keys down, and the drums up. Everything else sounds in place.

The Snyth sound at 4:07 is way too loud, should be much more subtle if there at all.

BTW is sounds pretty sweet especially once it gets rolling and starts to tighten up.

5. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Thanks!