Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would Ashlee Simpsom survive round #1 of American Idol?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Jan 10, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Hypo(path)thetically speaking of course.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No way.

brad cook

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Depends on how well recorded the vocal track was.

4. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    my goodness, i have never seen such a horrible performance on tv. you can check out a vid of it (.wmv/.mov) on www.brandonmitchell.org. should be near the top.

slick

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    She has nice nuggs.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Anyone who says no seriously underestimates the stupidity of the voting audience. If they buy her CD's in the shops, what reason is there is suspect that they wouldnt vote for her in Idol?

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Are they buying her CDs in shops?

brad cook

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well we know BassTurtle has one! :D

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He doesn't count because he's pathetic.

brad cook

11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Haha, that's great. I can't believe people buy her cd's.

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I heard during this last earthquake in California that her CD's were flying off the shelves.

13. Lest we forget that auto-tune is her best friend in the studio...as long as the "artist" captures the "feeling" on the track, the wizards that are the pop-spewing machine can make her sound like gold.

No, she wouldn't survive round one. In fact, I'd like to see Simon's reaction.

14. The short answer: No.

The long answer: No way.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    BTW, round one doesn't involve a voting audience unless you consider those three judges a voting audience. I know because it's the only round I've ever watched just to see the sideshow and the people who think they can sing...and the people who know they can't but pretend they don't know.

brad cook

16. I'll shoot myself later for saying this, but I really like that new Kelly Clarkson song. For all its formulaic rock-du-jour, for some reason, I'm hearing some honest music in that song...and that video makes her look scrumpdillyicious too.

I'm a lame horse...put me down. ;)

17. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    no, she wouldnt. and come to think of it, neither would lindsay lohan...also caught lip synching. ouch.

18. Lindsay Lohan and Ahslee simpson have something in common, and it aint coz they lip synch.

I'd never buy their cd's.. but lets just say if there video was on tv, i'd hit mute and enjoy the show :)

19. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This is music-related....kind of... moved to Misc.