1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

would i be happy with this rig???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aschreiber2010, Apr 29, 2009.

1. aschreiber2010

aschreiber2010 Banned

Jan 11, 2008
  2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Hey, if Victor Wooten endorses them.. ;)

3. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Social Media and Sales: www.creamcitymusic.com
    is that your budget?

4. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    the cab is less worse then the vx, xl is not bad at all and is tunned, the head is very brittle and sterile in my opinion. you can get by with this rig, but happy, i doubt it.

5. aschreiber2010

aschreiber2010 Banned

Jan 11, 2008
    i was hoping to keep it not to much if any over and was trying to stay new just to have that added insurance of warranties/returns.

6. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    Hey
    Check out the 4x10 XL (instead of the Transporter)

7. aschreiber2010

aschreiber2010 Banned

Jan 11, 2008
    ^ but its $150 more expensive

8. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    sometimes, you gotta bite the bullet, compromises with gear very rarely leave me satisfied, and id venture a guess many others are the same, and that 150 may seem like a lot now, but in the long run, it could postpone upgrading or costly perfect cab hunting

9. FWIW, I'd rather purchase something that's more expensive once than several things that are cheaper over and over again. In the long run, the second option is really more expensive. The idea that "I gotta have it now" is usually what cause people to go with the first. Also, FWIW, it took me many years to figure that out. Sometimes, no matter what anyone says, you've just got to experience it for yourself.

10. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Go used.

11. vagus

vagus

Feb 8, 2009
    Denver
    i was happy with my Transporter until it was stolen.. very clean..maybe on the bright side well suited for jazz imo.

12. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  13. DeeCup

DeeCup

Mar 16, 2009
    is this rig to play out in clubs, or just at home?

14. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think it's a decent rig but for that kind of money I'd rather buy something a little more powerful used. I'm not big on Hartke cabs but they're decent. I do kind of like their heads, though. They're not the world's greatest but they're not bad and they have a pretty good track record in the field.

15. I am assuming becaused you asked you are not familiar with a lot of amp/cab setups.

It depends on the type of music you play and the size of venues you are playing. Note the amp will only put out 180 watts into that 8ohm cabinet... it will put out 250 if you use 2x8ohm cabs. That would be a much bigger rig but still only middish power. As the amp description says its for a small to midsize rig. The cabinet is ok if you are playing in a small club with 50 to 100 people if you are playing Jazz or something light or using a PA and its yor personal monitor also note cab only goes to 4k If you don't need a lot of high end it is ok.. If you are playing anything more aggressive, you are going to want more have more power available. Carvin has some 500 watt combos that were around the same price range but they have raised the prices a little.

:bag: