Would it be wrong to cancel this Reverb order?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dwagner, Nov 29, 2021.

  1. dwagner

    dwagner Supporting Member

    Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    I am selling a pedal. Buyer submitted an offer, I accepted. It has been 48 hours and they still have not paid. I am tempted to cancel and relist. Would this be wrong? Reverb auto cancels at 72 hours. I want this item sold - it was priced to sell so someone else will buy very quickly if this person does not.
    Thanks for your input. :)
    Sam Dingle likes this.
  2. Gluvhand

    Gluvhand Supporting Member

    Feb 19, 2014
    Rockland County, NY
    IMO, you're 48 hrs in already. Waiting for 72 hrs and letting it auto cancel is the way to go. Or not.
  3. Gorn


    Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    If you’re convinced it’ll sell right away if you cancel now than it’ll sell right away if it cancels tomorrow.
  4. Oddly


    Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
  5. FunkHead

    FunkHead Supporting Member

    Mar 10, 2007
    Yep, Just wait it out.
    Lammchop93, mb94952, LoTone and 2 others like this.
  6. JRA

    JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

    "impatience for victory guarantees defeat." louis XIV
  7. matti777


    Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    Its hard paying for things online :confused:
    Killing Floor and db59 like this.
  8. David76112


    Feb 19, 2012
    I would cancel. If someone buys something, they should pay for it unless they are relisting it to flip it. I have been shopping online for many years and pay asap.
    MikeSpector, DJ Bebop and aldaa like this.
  9. WG Plum

    WG Plum

    Apr 9, 2021
    I'd let Reverb auto-cancel it, keeps it very clean that way.
  10. Gorn


    Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The policy is the policy. You agree to it when you sell your stuff through them. I understand the impatience but it’s definitely wrong to cancel now.
  11. FunkHead

    FunkHead Supporting Member

    Mar 10, 2007
    Why? The policy on Reverb is 72 hours.
  12. matti777


    Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    It doesn't seem right that the person can tie up the sale for 3 days while they mull it over. If you are permitted to cancel then that is a valid option too. Chances are they are not going to pay after waiting 48 hours.
  13. mikecd1


    Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    I'd wait it out and the buyer a reminder in the meantime that you've got the item packed and are ready to ship, but payment hasn't cleared yet.
    Jen Jesse and TheReceder like this.
  14. David76112


    Feb 19, 2012
    Then the question has been answered already.
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  15. Wait it out. It's the cost of doing business. Unless it's fraudulent, I doubt Reverb will side with you.
    tbz and DJ Bebop like this.
  16. P.S. - this is the reason for buyer feedback
    tbz, tekhedd, mb94952 and 3 others like this.
  17. matti777


    Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    Usually you have to complete the transaction to provide feedback

    ps Reverb is the last place I would list something if I was in a hurry.
  18. Is one day going to make a difference? Of course you want your money asap, but I don’t think the Reverb policy is that far out of line.
    Gorn likes this.
  19. WillyW

    WillyW l’art pour l’art, fonction de baise

    Dec 10, 2019
    I WAS going to buy your pedal for asking price, but I had to spend $5 more on the next available one.
  20. Gorn


    Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Three days? Reasonable. Common. Bog standard. The buyer might never pay but a three day payment policy? Three day shipment policy? Not even remotely out of line.
    tbz, fishdreams, 40Hz and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jan 28, 2022

Share This Page