Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Would like opinion on this bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Knavery, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
  2. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    never played one, but people on here LOVE Laklands. (It's a 44-01 if you don't wanna click on the link guys...)

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  4. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    for the money you can't go wrong...never owned one but i've played 'em

5. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    bought it's fretless sibling for that same price on another well-known site.

I am happy with it

6. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

be getting one (as a reward to myself, for some efforts I am applying to a project). I have done a lot of research and that is the typical low price, available at many stores. I did find one $20 cheaper (black, last one on the wall). I truly love the way they feel.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Dude if u like em dont come TB asking for them cos ppl here might be cruel sometimes if u like it and can afford it go get it.
    Hopefully it was an skyline and not an ibanez.

8. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    :eyebrow:

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Agreed. That's what we're here for is to give advice. Especially if it's something that is online that youv'e never seen in person, you need some more feedback on what others think. Heck, I still look for feedback on things I own just to reinforce how I feel sometimes.

10. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Hmm i thought he had already tried them, my bad.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The 44-01 is a very good bass for the price. I have its 5 string cousin, the 55-01. I love it. Great B string, and the pickups and preamp give it plenty of versatility, ranging from smooth sounds for R&B to all out aggressive sounds for rock and metal.

12. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    :hyper: Thank you. I've been looking into this bass. I have two Fender Jazz basses now, but am looking to expand my libarary. I'm hesitant about buying basses without trying them out, but I have yet to ever run into one of these.