1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Would someone be willing to help me??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EighthNotes, Aug 16, 2012.

1. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    Hi everyone, I bought a looper last year from a builder who will remain unnamed for now. I received it earlier this year and to my dismay, only a few days after I got it, a wire inside broke off. It's about the size of a staple and I cannot find a definitive spot where it should go, even looking at schematics. Would someone be able to help me out in any way at all? I can supply pictures of the inside or even possibly ship it to anyone who'd be willing to fix it. I've tried contacting the builder many times over the last few months but he's pretty much refused to check his messages. I was never looking to get my money back because it works beautifully when the wiring is intact. Thank you in advance.

-Justin

2. It's not T1M, is it?

I unfortunately cannot help you, I was considering soldering a new 3PDT switch into one of my looper pedals and was quickly dissuaded by the very close spaces within which I would have to solder. I just don't have the skills for it.

3. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Can you take a detailed pic? We could probably figure it out.

4. aens_wife

aens_wife Commercial User

Jun 14, 2011
    Co-owner, Dwarfcraft Devices
    Yup. Post a pic. I am sure someone here can help figure out where it goes!

5. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    It is :rollno: just found and posted on the T1M thread too. Thanks anyway, I don't have the skills either.

Thanks guys, I will try and have pics up later tonight, maybe even throw together a diagram.

6. Is the footswitch wired like this?
    StompboxWiring96-1.
    Well, you probably can't tell if the little wire is missing (duh). That's my first guess though.

7. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I have a non-working T1M pedal too - what sorcery is this?

8. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    There is no PCB in mine. It is very close to this:

3-loop-w-tuner-out-master-bypass-after-tuner.

Except the loops are first after the input, then the tuner mute, then the bypass. My initial thought was the little wire was the one shown as the longer red diagonal on the bypass switch but I can't be sure.

9. Do any of the loops work? I assume the problem is immediately before the first not-working feature (stop me if I'm being painfuly obvious).

10. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    I'm pretty sure its the bypass, because the issue remains no matter which loop I use.

Sorry everyone for not having pics up yet, I haven't been home all weekend. Hopeful I can get them up today.

11. aens_wife

Jun 14, 2011
    Hey dude! We will fix it for you for shipping costs. I will send you a quick PM!

12. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I was gonna say the same thing ;)! Kudos!

13. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    The number of replies and PM's I have gotten is just incredible! Thank you all for the amazing support! Goes to show that TalkBass really is a community and not just a message board. I am humbled.

I will have the pics up later today.

14. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    Ok, finally here are the pics. Sorry for the delay, thank you all for your patience and support.

It was hard to get really decent pics because of the pedal being long and skinny and me using my cell phone. Hope these suffice, please let me know if any other shots are needed.

Input/Loop 1 switch
    photobucket-19158-1345515359969.

Loop 2/(left to right: loop 1 send, loop 1 receive, loop 2 send, loop 2 receive)
    photobucket-23984-1345515397298.

Loop 3 (loop 2 send and recieve on far right)
    photobucket-27097-1345515423042.

Tune mute (latching switch to ground)
    photobucket-27388-1345515442455.

Master Bypass/output
    photobucket-6827-1345515465238.

Overall shot
    photobucket-15487-1345515487431.

15. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    bump just in case anyone missed my awful pics.

16. I suppose you've declined Aen's Wife's * offer. Do you have a multimeter or continuity tester? I for one can't tell from the pictures (though maybe someone else is working on it), maybe the best solution is for you to follow the signal flow and find out where it stops?

*I keep forgetting her name!

17. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Hmm....that looks like it should work. I wonder if one of the resistors is bad. Did it ever work? The signal path seem correct. I suppose you could have a bad switch on there somewhere too.

18. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Where's the broken wire?

19. aens_wife

Jun 14, 2011
    I couldn't see where there should be an extra wire either.

I could be that the wire just was clipped off from something else and was accidentally left in the looper.

It could be something as simple as a bad solder joint or a bad resistor.

I would also like to know if it ever worked?

ps - my name is Louise!

20. If it's a short, bent wire in the shape of a staple, it's a jumper. Probably goes across switch contacts. Odd that both ends broke though.