Would these cabs be good for a GK 700RB-II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaunceytoben, Jul 7, 2008.

1. chaunceytoben

chaunceytoben

May 29, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    Well, Ive only been playing for less than a year, and all this time ive only dealt with combo amps. Ive been shopping around lately for a new amp/cab, and found a great deal on a 700RB-II. But now, i need cabs to accompany it.

I was lookin around CL, and found a GK 410 SBK and a 115T, both for $300. I looked on the GK site, and neither were listed, so im guessing these are older models. i also dont know much about them. The seller says they are 400 and 200 watts respectively, which i think would be good for the amp. He also mentions they are both 8 ohm cabs, meaning they would run at 4 ohms together, right?

So im asking if these cabs are worth the money, and would they work good/sound good with the amp?

thanks.:help:

2. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    I picked up 700RB-II over the weekend. The shop that I bought the amp from, had a couple of GK 410's and 115. I wanted something smaller that still had enough oomph to handle a 5 string so I checked out an Accugroove cabinet. Played through it and liked the sound so that's what I bought.
    Another bass player who I spoke to, had a GK410 cabinet. It had a nice, clear sound to it so I asked him about it. He said that he liked it a lot but he said that it was heavy.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The cabs will work well with the GK head. Whether they are worth $300 each depends on their condition. Test them out thoroughly before buying and use your amp and bass. You may be able to negotiate a lower price.

There's also the option on a pair of Avatar cabinets. You could buy a couple of the Neo 1x12 cabinets and have a loud yet portable rig for not all that much more money. Each cabinet is less than 40 lbs I believe. That's a lot less than the old GK cabinets, although the old GKs will be louder overall if they're working right. A lot depends on your needs.

4. chaunceytoben

chaunceytoben

May 29, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    thanks for the replies. Ya, cabs are off CL so im a little bit nervous. He didnt mention condition in the listing, so I sent him an email this morning. Ill also try and see if i can test them out before buying (with my amp and bass and all...).

anyone have an approximate idea how old these cabs are?

5. cadduc

cadduc

Mar 4, 2006
    call gallien-krueger directly if you have any questions, every time i call they are very very helpful and patient

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021