1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Would this be considered overkill?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimmothy.green, Mar 22, 2009.

1. stick>pedal board> Pre amp >preamp fx send>2 or 3 rack effects>32 band eq>sonic maximizer>compressor>pre amp return>poweramp>amp

rack effects might be the EHX rack duo filter and a few others...

so too much? just a sunday morning cerebration.

edit: yes I've considered getting a BBE preamp with built in maximizer but I have not come to a final conclusion on the preamp.

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    If it's your sound and brings a smile to your face when you play....no....it's not overkill!

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    It's too much IMO, but if it makes you happy.......

I always like to go by the "Less is more" rule:)

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I would not compress after all the other items in the signal chain. Compression that late in the signal chain will simply boost all the noise from the earlier devices.

The compressor is probably better at the preamp end of the chain, either before or after the preamp.

Of course, with all those effects, you almost don't need to use an instrument. Just touch a couple of wires together to get some noise, and let the FX change it into something musical...